I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The six putt was when I lost it and just kept hitting without paying attention to where it was going, it isn't the Ys, putting has always been my problem and despite loads of lessons nothing seems to improve it, I can usualy manage it but this season it has got out of hand, I move my hands, i move my head and I just dont know how to stop it
Sounds like it'd be worth trying anything new at this point! Maybe grab yourself an Adam Scott special. 😁

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few weeks ago I was in a tie after 36 holes in our ladies championship, this morning we had an 18 hole playoff, each off us going out with a marker. I hit the ball really well all the way round, until I reached the green, I 3 putted 7 of the first 16 holes leaving myself 3-4 footers and missing them, on the 17th, after another lovely shot to the green, I 3 putted for the 8th time, only I didn't, my head went and I 6 putted the green, I ended up losing by 7 shots, I wasted a dozen on the greens.
this is really getting me down and I as a result I am not enjoying my golf much a the moment, my can my pro fix every other aspect of my game except fir the putting, I have never been a great putter but I seem to be as bad as I have ever been, for the most part I know what I am doing wrong but seem incapable of stopping doing it.

Tough gig Lou…..

I know you said you’ve had a lot of lessons but go and see Jordan Massey (based in Altrincham now). He’s a wizard.

@jordanmasseyputting on instagram if you want to check out his set up.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Second time at Ross on Wye today in our annual golf trip. Played it once before at this time last year. It’s confirmed, I don’t like it. Condition and greens are good but too many blind shots and sloping fairways. Played a shot down 18 that hugged the right hand side with fade and the ball ended up behind the tree on the left side of the fairway and blocked out. 💩 Just too many holes where a bit of luck is required, especially at this time of the year when the ground is firm and bouncy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Totally surreal round yesterday. First 10 holes, everything that could go wrong went wrong - struggling to get out bunkers, 3 putting, a shank, culminating with a great drive on 8 which all 4 of us saw land in the middle of the fairway, and no trace of it when we got there, and then being attacked by a wasp mid swing on 10, resulting in another lost ball.

Had a grand total of 7 points after 10, then it clicked, 18 points for the last 8 holes and a modicum of respectability.

Crazy game.

AussieKB

Visit site
I played yesterday and had 39 putts......today I had 30 putts using a different putter, but tomorrow till Sunday playing every day I will go back to my old favorite....does this make me mad/crazy or just a normal golfer.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played Minchinhampton Cherington yesterday. My goodness…the wild flowers in the rough, and the rough itself, might be mighty pretty…but it is a complete nightmare when your ball goes into it. Playing it is one thing, that assumes you can find it…and that was just luck.

Keep your ball on the fairway then…well yes..ok…but it’s harsh when it is so very easy to lose it when you don’t.

That said. It was very lovely and in cracking condition.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Eaglescliffe as a guest in 3 ball just after lunch ,a 4 ball let the 2 ball in front of us through on 4th and we caught them on the 5th but never a sniff of being called through

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early again today...
Pretty mixed bag, a couple of doubles but a birdie, par, par finish - both pars due to a birdie putt that .....well, how they missed is a mystery...but there you go.
81 blows and, probably a 0.1 cut.
Stapleford comp tomorrow..could get breezy
I've now got 10 free rounds with no scoring cards..all my best 8 are in my last 10.....

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors knockout this afternoon, what a ding-dong match!

I won the first three holes, then lost a ball on the fourth to lose that and my opponent birdied the 5th to peg me back to 1.
I won the 6th, he won the 7th and 8th and we were all square, first halved hole came at the 9th.
I won the 10th, he won the 11th, 12th and 13th to put me 2 down with 5 to play.
I won the 14th and 15th to square it and then birdied 16th to go 1 up.
I thought I was looking favourite on 17 but my opponent chipped his dead from about 30 yards so I had a long 2 putt to make a half, first putt was 6 feet short but I made the next for the half.
Last hole, we both missed the green, both chipped on to to about 15 feet, he missed his par putt first so I had two putts for a half and cosied it up close to win the match one up.

Exhausting, we were both punch drunk at the end!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7 holes tonight. Tried to reduce my top thumb stretching down and get bottom hand more over the top of the grip. However I think this pushes my top hand into a weaker position which was reflected in the shot shape.
But ground out a reasonable round snaffled one of the birdie chances, which is positive. I also saved par with a 10ft putt which was positive way to wrap the round up.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Nice 18 holes at my “other” course, wind got up a bit this afternoon which made tee shots fun, 170yd Drive on 1 hole in to the wind, 260yd Drive wind assisted on another.

Still nice to get out and play 18 holes of an evening.🏌🏻‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Had a trip up to Kirbymoorside yesterday - the youth was playing for the Halifax and Huddersfield Union Junior team against York, and given it's at best a 1 hour 45 minute drive, I thought I'd take the clubs and have a knock round.

Waited for all the boys to go out in the foursomes in the morning then popped in the pro' shop to get a slightly discounted green fee of £20. Got off to a bad start with a bogey/triple on the 1st two holes but settled down to play some steady golf. Course was good, really enjoyed a lot of the holes - albeit the greens had been tined and oversanded on Monday, so were a little slow, but they ran true enough. The back nine seemed to be the better of the two imo.
While out on the course, the news of one of the lads taking a ball to the head had reached me, and I'd figured out it was probably Jamie that had hit the shot - it was. Saw him on the 11th tee and he seemed OK, but they were down in the match - I know it will have affected him. Thankfully the lad was OK and sent home after a scan at the hospital. Hopefully it's a lesson to all of them to shout fore when you have any doubts about the path your ball is on. If anybody has played Kirbymoorside they'll be familiar with the 4th tee position, which is completely obscured from the 3rd tee by trees - that's not to defend Jamie or any of the other lads in the group - but it's a feature on the course that probably isn't necessary.

By the time I finished my 18, the boys were setting off in the singles, so I had a little lunch then wandered out on the course to watch a few of the groups. Most of the matches were fairly even, as Jamie walked past me on the 9th green he gave me the thumbs up, I let him carry on without me spectating as any dip in form would obviously have been due to my presence...:LOL:

The match was tied 18 points apiece in the end after an honorable half point each for the lad taken out by friendly fire - and 7&6 win for the boy against a slightly older opponent who I believe had a HI of 6 - so a good win for him.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just back from 3 days at the British Par 3. Played with Derek Redmond (we weren't great as a team but I played reasonably) and had some time with some famous faces including Michael Campbell and actors Kelvin Fletcher and Oliver Phelps. Some of the regular attendees including Keith Deller, Alan McInally and James Jordan treated HID like superbly even though we spend a few days once a year. She is always treated so well. Jasper Carrott did the charity auction and was still good at 79. Some famous golfers battling it out for the £50,000 first prize including Woosnam, Jarmo Sandelin (he is massive), Phil Price, Peter Baker, Constatino Rocca. Tony Jacklin was there as event host.

It is such a tricky course with upturned saucer greens tiny bunkers and loads of water and the greens were quick and must have been about 11 which bearing in mind how small and contoured they are makes it very hard to guarantee a 2 putt. Can't wait until next year and even if I don't play I can't wait to enjoy the event

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday evening and it was blowing pretty hard. Decided to put a card in even although it was gusting up to 35mph (ball oscillating on the green while putting) and I played really well for 17 holes. Only +5 on the 18th tee then totally ruined everything with an 8 up the last to leave me slightly annoyed.

sjw

Visit site
Joint second in the 9-hole Wednesday evening swindle, 18 points with two blobs. I think that means I should've beaten the 18 points with one blob but was told it doesn't work like that!!

Wind behind meant I was only 10, 15 yards short of driving the 350-yard par 4 6th 💪

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in a 4BBB at silloth yesterday.

Wind was as brutal as I've ever played in and was comfortably a 4 or 5 club difference - into on all but 1 of the front 9 and the longest drive I hit was 193 yards according to my watch 😂. We had 12 points at the turn and were relatively happy with that!

Back 9 was downwind and it showed - regularly getting it over 300 with the driver, hitting pitching wedges from 170 out etc. we managed 20 points with a blob or 2.

The group behind us had a lad who was hitting huge drives and on the 11th we were walking up to the green when this ball came flying through the middle of us and finished at the front green side bunker... Some 380 yards from the tee 😯.

As Ron Burgundy once said "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed!"

Still a great day out, absolutely adore that course.

ntommo

Visit site
Played in a 4BBB at silloth yesterday.

Wind was as brutal as I've ever played in and was comfortably a 4 or 5 club difference - into on all but 1 of the front 9 and the longest drive I hit was 193 yards according to my watch 😂. We had 12 points at the turn and were relatively happy with that!

Back 9 was downwind and it showed - regularly getting it over 300 with the driver, hitting pitching wedges from 170 out etc. we managed 20 points with a blob or 2.

The group behind us had a lad who was hitting huge drives and on the 11th we were walking up to the green when this ball came flying through the middle of us and finished at the front green side bunker... Some 380 yards from the tee 😯.

As Ron Burgundy once said "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed!"

Still a great day out, absolutely adore that course.
I bet that wind made the 13th SI 1 fairly easy then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: