I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AussieKB

Visit site
Knew of Tiger's but not Dugite. Not good though. Be careful out there and I guess a good incentive to keep the drives on the fairway
Have seen quite a few over the years in the rough and on the fairways, normally you only get bit if you step on one, if your healthy and get to the hospital in a few hours they have anti venom.

None of my friends have ever been bit or let alone died, think it is more dangerous walking the streets of your major cities late of night and also some of ours.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have seen quite a few over the years in the rough and on the fairways, normally you only get bit if you step on one, if your healthy and get to the hospital in a few hours they have anti venom.

None of my friends have ever been bit or let alone died, think it is more dangerous walking the streets of your major cities late of night and also some of ours.
If its not the snakes and croc you've got the bloody spiders and sharks.

AussieKB

Visit site
If its not the snakes and croc you've got the bloody spiders and sharks.
The funnel web spider is only around Sydney and I live about London to Moscow away, and if you don't go in the Ocean you are going to be pretty safe.

What about going to one of your football games and wearing the away shirt in the home section ? much chance walking out on unscathed.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The funnel web spider is only around Sydney and I live about London to Moscow away, and if you don't go in the Ocean you are going to be pretty safe.

What about going to one of your football games and wearing the away shirt in the home section ? much chance walking out on unscathed.
I'll raise you closing time in my home time. Always lively lol

sjw

Visit site
Played 9 last night with the new blades

This must be what love feels like 🩶

I hit this lovely 6 iron fade around a corner that was EXACTLY how I pictured it, it was so nice. I just don't think I could've done that with my usual Stealths - I'm not sure I'd have even tried it - but I thought, hey, blades are supposed to be workable, and my word this thing flew so nicely

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last evening after missing my golf at the weekend as I've had very covid like symptoms, basically not moved off the couch in 5 days but felt a bit better yesterday. Not sure what the protocol is these days about covid (and I didn't have a working test, they were all out of date and the control line wouldn't even appear) but I kept my distance from my playing partner anyway just in case, although he also had cold like symptoms.

Even although I felt a bit tired towards the end I surprisingly played well and shot +5 for a 3.9 differential and a counting score. The ball was going miles with the warm weather, there wasn't much wind and the greens were still slightly receptive which was surprising, so perfect scoring conditions and the walk and fresh air seemed to do me good.

sjw

Visit site
Just remembered that following that shot I had one of my funniest moments on the course. As I'm walking up to the ball, which is now about 15 yards off the front of a par 5, the sprinklers come on, and they're right on my ball, and rotating. So I dump my bag by the next tee, take my 8iron and putter, and head for the ball.

I waited for the sprinklers to turn away, then went to take my shot. As I'm lining up the bump and run, before I know it, I'm starting to get wet as the sprinklers are on their way back. So in the end I just end up hitting the ball with not much thought as to where it went, and literally grabbing my putter and running.

As I'm running round the right hand side of the green, I'm watching this ball tracking the flag at the back left, and I'm thinking, that's going in! It lipped out for what would have been my first eagle. Just struck me so funny that I just thought, screw this, and whacked it to avoid getting wet and nearly holed it 😆 What a first eagle that would have been lol

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors 4BBB KO, unfortunately my partner's wife took ill yesterday and he had to duck out on nursing duty.

I needed to take every opportunity to stand any chance but my game wasn't sharp enough and I didn't capitalise on a few chances, going down 4&3.

Severof

Visit site
Played today and had two emu's walk across the fairway plus a kangaroo bounding down the rough, at least they are not lethal, come summer we have to keep an eye out for snakes.
Lived in and played in Asia, Thailand for 12 years. Snakes slithering in front of you, across the fairway, stopped us in our tracks at least once a month. Sometimes only the caddies would go jungle searching for wayward shots.
Nice walking through knee high rough in the UK now, with the only danger being a twisted ankle

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday and after months of my driver behaving it was hooks left, right and centre.( Ok left, left and left.) Went to the range today to try and sort it and never hit a single hook.🤷

AussieKB

Visit site
Lived in and played in Asia, Thailand for 12 years. Snakes slithering in front of you, across the fairway, stopped us in our tracks at least once a month. Sometimes only the caddies would go jungle searching for wayward shots.
Nice walking through knee high rough in the UK now, with the only danger being a twisted ankle
Off to Thailand in 3 weeks, been going every year for about 10 years now, have only seen one cobra (in the lake), and two other snakes in all that time, play 9 games each year.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday and after months of my driver behaving it was hooks left, right and centre.( Ok left, left and left.) Went to the range today to try and sort it and never hit a single hook.🤷
Worked hard on my bunkers last week as I was catching them clean and hitting it miles. Barely happened through two bucket of balls (over two days). First bunker on the course and thinned it into the bushes never to be seen again. Why practice and play can't match is a mystery and life would be a lot easier