I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
IanM and GG26 came to my club for a game today.

I played with 2004 Cobra F-Speed driver and 3-wood and same year 20° baffler hybrid
1990s Powerbilt Oversize 2-iron
1984 Ping Eye2 BeCu 3-PW
And as the above PW is 50° I added a 1990s Cleveland 58°
1980s Ben Sayers Opel Line One putter

Started bogey, par, bogey. Then dropped no more shots.
Birdied 9th and 10th par-4s and then eagled the par-5 17th after getting onto the green with a breeze assisted drive and hybrid.
2 under par = 1.1 under CR off the yellows.

32 hits with the putter and 4 of those were from off the green.
Things are looking up at last! 🌞

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
IanM and GG26 came to my club for a game today.

I played with 2004 Cobra F-Speed driver and 3-wood and same year 20° baffler hybrid
1990s Powerbilt Oversize 2-iron
1984 Ping Eye2 BeCu 3-PW
And as the above PW is 50° I added a 1990s Cleveland 58°
1980s Ben Sayers Opel Line One putter

Started bogey, par, bogey. Then dropped no more shots.
Birdied 9th and 10th par-4s and then eagled the par-5 17th after getting onto the green with a breeze assisted drive and hybrid.
2 under par = 1.1 under CR off the yellows.

32 hits with the putter and 4 of those were from off the green.
Things are looking up at last! 🌞
Thanks for the invite Voyager EMH and good to put a name to a face IanM. A very pleasant afternoon and was privileged to witness a great round of golf 👏.

I was useless on the front nine (two pars and everything else a double bogey or worse). Back nine was much better and a shot or two under handicap after giving up on the driver and using my 2 hybrid off the tee.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Went out with the Pro and his Dad, really good sociable game, I entered the Comp so we could play off the Whites.

2 birdies(one on a Par 3), a 274yd Drive were the highlights of the round, an 8 on a par 5 being the lowlight, especially as I was 10 yds off the green in 3😩

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
After having a day off from golf yesterday to indulge in a distillery tour I was back playing today on the last day of my trip to Scotland before heading back down to Ipswich over the next two days.

Thanks to the local connections of a friend of mine, I was able to set foot on the links at Castle Stuart.

Super course, wonderful views and an absolute pleasure to play despite the wind and the rain which bordered on torrential for three or four holes, and just annoying for another 4 holes. The greeting and general treatment by all the staff was as good as I've ever had anywhere.

The burger I had afterwards was shocking mind. £18 for a stilton covered beef pattie that looked like it had been run over by a steamroller, a couple of leaves of lettuce, one slice of tomato, a bun, some shredded pickled onion and the rest of the (not too big) plate filled with (admittedly very nice crispy and fluffy) chips....all on a piece of fake plastic newspaper. Had far better from the burger van outside Yates in Ipswich. Just so glad I didn't go for the steak.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Better card submitted today than those of late. Though 2 over h/cap - off back tees and with rough as it is, that’s not too shabby. And as I have a 9.4 as one of my 8 there’s a chance my HI may well drop a point or so.

Severof

Visit site
Ventured to Littlestone GC today. Hit and miss round of 81 with highlight being holing out from 110 on 15th for an eagle ( first on a par 4 for 18 months and didn't see it go in ). Course in lovely nick, a very peaceful place. Members and staff so friendly too.
The 2 hours of tee times after us turned out to be their 'Retro Day'.
Nice sitting outside having a pint after, watching members walking off 18th in vintage clothing and hats. Carrying old leather single strap bags . Apparently only clubs allowed were pre 1985 , no GPS allowed etc. Jazz band set up on lounge bar . Looked good fun.
Championship links and set up there a Lovely place if you get the chance

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Better card submitted today than those of late. Though 2 over h/cap - off back tees and with rough as it is, that’s not too shabby. And as I have a 9.4 as one of my 8 there’s a chance my HI may well drop a point or so.
…and so it came to pass…a 0.1 cut in my HI to 6.8 sees me almost back to my lowest (6.7). Just need to get a few decent cards in before a 5.4 and a 2.2 drop off…the 5.4 I know I can do…the 2.2 will be tricky.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with Fragger and a mate this morning...glorious day, no wind, strong sunshine...
Shame our greens are still recovering from Maintenance week......
As a result we didn't put cards in..the greens were slow, sandy and bumpy...not representative of normal.
Shame really as I knocked out 38 points including a blob.... :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, several putts bobbled towards the hole wen they could easily have bobbled away....
Finished before 11, on the newly rebuilt patio by 10 past, watched the world for a while.....
Now watching the Oldies at Carnoustie
A good day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Medal board comp today. I was playing quite well, had only 4s and 5s for the first 12 holes - still 1 or 2 over handicap due to four of them being par 3s but quite happy. Then just peed it all away at the end. From there I went triple, double, bogey, par, double, double to finish. Ended up +6 nett (87 gross). Only caveats being we started on the 13th which leaves the hardest stretch of holes to the end, plus it was very warm with zero breeze so maybe a bit of fatigue crept in. And it was a very slow round as medal days often are. But very disappointing. Missed three or four very short putts as well, even a couple of one-footers that I tried to roll straight in and they broke a couple of inches to miss the cup as our greens were quick today. Handicap will go up 0.1 or 0.2 again.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After my blue tee debacle a couple of weeks ago where I lost umpteen balls on the way to 25 points, we were off the blue tees again today.
Perhaps not the best idea to drop a 1 wood and play a 2 wood instead but a much more satisfactory 36 points despite skying quite a few tee shots.
Only lost two balls and they were on the same hole.

Morfeen75

Visit site
3over gross today with a silly double bogey from the middle of the fairway on 16, 167yards out, sherman out of nowhere:mad::mad: It was enough to take the pot of cash though!!

I hope my form continues as i have a busy few golf days this week. Playing at West Byfleet tomorrow with a few ex colleagues that always ends up rowdy. Blackmoor Wednesday and Hankley Thursday.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Willow Valley Masters yesterday - course is set up with tough pins and fast greens but still managed 18 points on the front nine, but a blob on the ninth was to signal a string of 4 holes where I'd only pick up 1 point - concluding with a frustrating misunderstanding of the rules (model local rule B-3) on the 12th leaving me feeling pretty vexed after struggling with some bad bounces and breaks all the way through the round. With 19 points accumulated and and only 7 holes remaining I'd no chance of getting near the prizes so just let the round go - 8 points on the back nine - rubbish.

At least I'm clear on the rule now - and if I'm ever in the same situation again, I'll take a different approach.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Yesterday played Corrie. It’s a fun little track with some stunning views of the mountains and the sea, but….. Too many cross overs for my liking, balls raining in from everywhere. A tad dangerous at times as the 7th is a driveable par 4 hitting directly across the 3rd. Walking up the 3rd you can’t see the players on 7th tee and they can’t see you….. take a tin hat…

Having said that, it’s worth playing once for the views but I won’t be rushing back.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Imagine a game of 2 halves....
Now imagine a game of 4 quarters...
Out with CVG this morning, starting on then10th as usual....
He starts like a man possessed, amassing points for fun..
I struggle to get things going..standing on our 8th (17th) I have the sum total of 10 points against his 20....
Anyone else got a little switch in them ...the one that starts things going..?
Seems I have.....
I then proceed to play the remaining 11 holes in 4 under par.....kind of went nuclear :ROFLMAO:
At the turn it was 24 -17...
By the end of the 2nd 9 it was 40-42....
Best ball score was 52....absolutely bloody mental
5 birdies in 11 holes and, with a touch of luck, could have been 8.
2 nice cuts inbound.....
Stupid game
Love this game