I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know we can't swear on here, but honestly, 🤬 golf.

I had a good front nine today, 18 points and 3 up on my mate in the match. Had four pars, going along nicely. Then the back nine was just embarrassing. Blobbed the 11th with two sliced six irons into the bushes. Then 1-pointed the last six holes consecutively. Back nine of 10 points and lost the match 1 down in the end. The greens sped up and I hit every single putt too hard. Why can't my brain adjust to things? Tried hitting the new 3 wood on the 13th and 18th tees to play safe and get it in play, but it fades just as much as driver so that was pointless, both of them in the right hand rough and chipping out. Short game awful as well.

I'm so angry it's unreal. I feel like I'm playing well then just throw in these utterly STUPID mistakes routinely. 🤬 golf.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyable, best round of the year so far. Largely carried over my improvement from yesterday, odd exception 🙄.

Irons were still a bit scratchy but otherwise all round solid. Particularly happy with my putting. Consciously reduced my take back and that helped hugely.

I'll still be getting an increase, best score of the 8 dropped off today, but I'm much happier with how I played.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Well, what a morning that was. Beautiful sunshine and I played really blooming well. 3 over at the turn, should have made a birdie on 12th, was hole high in 2.

Silly double on 13 but then had a 10 foot putt for birdie on 14 that just missed, hit it to 5 foot on the next and converted and then sunk a 25ish foot right to left monster for birdie on 16. I then missed a 6 foot putt on 17 for birdie, for my third in a row.

Finished with a good bogey for a gross 77. LFG!

Screenshot-20240914-133115.jpg

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, played a Team of 4 event today, best 2 scores count on 16 holes, 3 count on 2 holes.

Bad start on first 4. 2, 2, 5, 1 for 10 points after 4, and finished front 9 with 38. Back 9, 54 points for a total of 92. Not sure I've ever played a 9 like that as a team

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well, played a Team of 4 event today, best 2 scores count on 16 holes, 3 count on 2 holes.

Bad start on first 4. 2, 2, 5, 1 for 10 points after 4, and finished front 9 with 38. Back 9, 54 points for a total of 92. Not sure I've ever played a 9 like that as a team
Now...we're you a team or a side.......🤔
I think we need to know.....😉

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Thorndon Park, Essex, for the first time with a member I know from work.
Lovely course with some really testing greens.
1st hole, driver, SW to 6 foot and holed the putt for birdie! Bogeyed the next, but then a string of pars and two more bogeys had me out 2 over gross. Thought I was on for a good round.
Then started the back nine bogey, bogey, bogey! Ooof! Then it got worse and I ended up 14 over gross for the back! Idiot!
Still, as it was a new course and a friendly knock with gimmes, I wasn't putting a card in, so no damage done to handicap.
And this is one of the most impressive ball markers now in my collection. Never seen this before.
View attachment 54800

Upminster have similar one I've seen in the pro shop. Great idea

Thordon is the best course in the area. Beautiful in every aspect

PaulMdj

Visit site
4BBB Comp today, sunny day, but 30mph gusts😂
Made a few of the holes quite difficult, me and partner played OK and ginished with 35pts, thought around 40 might win it.
45 leading when I left the Clubhouse!😱

Springveldt

Visit site
Stableford comp today and I had a shocker. Was +2 on front 9 for 18 points but really should have been under par at that point. Putting was woeful, missed a 4 footer for birdie, 3 putted the 4th for par from 18 foot after driving the green and missed par putts from 4 and 5 foot.

+9 on the back for a lousy 12 points, just couldn’t score at all. Missed every green on the back 9 and failed to get up and down every time.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out for 7 holes, was really busy 😳 I hadn’t been out for a while due to the wife’s illness and my accident. But just got on with it and I enjoyed it but the irons were a bit random I had the lefts but then I got a block on the last hole .. so I think I will do a few range balls and have a look at my set up

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funny round yesterday. Was hitting the ball absolute miles (by my standards) but found trouble so many times, was in 6 bunkers, a pond, as well as a few visits to the trees. Also overshot a few greens by 20-30 yards with shots which would have been pin high a week ago.

Given all of the above, 28 points was pretty respectable 😁

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Stableford today

After 6 holes I had 3 bogeys and 3 birdies 😂

Finished front 9 with 17 points ( 1 over )

Had a 2 under back 9 for 38 points overall

Missed at least another 3 birdie putts that were very makable

Might be good enough for a top 10 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Social Matchplay this morning....
Great company, decent weather,some decent golf from all 4 of us
Oppos had a 7 footer on the 18th to halve the match and it dropped...All Square ;)
35 points on my own card so not unhappy with that, a couple of birdies too.
We were 3 down with 5 to go and went up the 18th 1 up......
A fine morning

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Stabelford for me this morning - 5 blobs, 29 points, absolute bobbins,

The youth was intending to play a comp at Dewsbury but he had his membership approved up at Huddersfield at the back end of last week - we went up yesterday to pick up his new member pack, he messaged me mid round to say he'd headed up there instead. Solid 78 for him which is steady for his 1st round there in over a year.
Must admit, the course looks amazing as you drive in - it hosted the DPWT Q school a couple of weeks back and tees. greens and bunkers all look pristine. I know I'm going to be trying to sell the "joining fee is worth it" argument to the wife sooner or later.... 😂

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7 holes late this afternoon with a Wilson Triad .. interesting think it behaves quite well feels firm but definitely spins.
Worked out the lefts issue. Might be a bit of club set up and grip.. weakened my grip and seemed to find a neutral flight, connection still off. Driver with a strong grip gives a predictable right to left that has me finding more fairways.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
4BBB Comp today, sunny day, but 30mph gusts😂
Made a few of the holes quite difficult, me and partner played OK and ginished with 35pts, thought around 40 might win it.
45 leading when I left the Clubhouse!😱

Same for me yesterday, gusts over 50kph (sounds much worse in 'metric') for my social round
17th par 3 was only 140 to pin but into the teeth it played well over 200 & I couldn't reach with driver!

Short game was decent if not special (i.e no mishits) no long putts dropped though but i'll take 33pts in that wind

Swango1980

Visit site
Bit of awkwardness in the competition at the weekend.

After 6 holes, the other 2 chaps I was playing with had a good start (sadly not for me). One of them teed up on the 7th, ripped an iron down the middle. As soon as I saw it take off down the middle, I immediately said "good shot". However, at the same time, the other chap immediately put his hand to his head and said dramatically "ohhhhhhh no, look" and he pointed at the tee. We quickly realised the chap had teed off from the yellow tees. Now he has to take 3 off the tee.

The chap did say he really only has himself to blame, of course. However, what did leave a bit of a potential bad taste in the mouth was the fact that there seemed to be a fairly reasonable chance the chap who pointed out the error knew he was on the wrong tee before he played. One, because he made such a drama about it within a second of the guy striking the ball (unless he just so happened to realise as the player came into contact with the ball). Two, because he had actually brought 2 clubs up with him, and had rested one on the white tee peg and was standing right behind it. Of course, never know for sure, but the round became a lot quieter for the next few holes.