I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night instead of my usual Wednesday due to the weather being nice and one of the lads not able to make it on Wednesday. Shot +8 for a 6.4 differential which replaced an older 6.4 which was coming off soon. I've got 5 rounds now without anything dropping off.

I was actually fuming coming off the course with the score as I lost a ball on my only bad drive but more because I was also 0 for 9 on putts from 4 to 10 foot on the night. 4 of them birdie putts all in the 6-10 foot range and 5 par putts in the 4-8 foot range. Bought a new putter today as it was in the Callaway PreOwned sale and probably cheaper than getting the other one re-shafted with a Stroke Lab shaft. I'll be phoning the club pro tomorrow to take him up on his 4 for 3 lesson offer as well with at least 1 of them on putting.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Tidworth yesterday for the first time ever. Went around in 76 (6 over and 3 over my HC) which I thought was ok for a course I had never seen before. Could have been better as I had three 3 putts. The course was in a brilliant condition. The only downside being the granular chicken 💩 fertiliser that was on the greens and got everywhere. However, the score was good enough to qualify me for a nice couple of days at The Forest of Arden in September. Somewhere else that I have never played.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
2 weeks ago had to stop playing due to severe knee pain. a physio appointment later and plenty of rehab exercises daily I managed to get 9 holes on a short par 3 course in yesterday with no massive flair ups

11 holes on the course im a member is the next goal at the weekend

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
2 weeks ago had to stop playing due to severe knee pain. a physio appointment later and plenty of rehab exercises daily I managed to get 9 holes on a short par 3 course in yesterday with no massive flair ups

11 holes on the course im a member is the next goal at the weekend
Hopefully it is the start of a long and pain free comeback. I sympathise as my back issues are still restrictive

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Hopefully it is the start of a long and pain free comeback. I sympathise as my back issues are still restrictive

I’m hopefully young enough at 35 to fully recover but will be looking after the legs as much as possible from now on, the difference 2 weeks has made to flexibility and pain is quite something

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors match away at Cold Ashby, not a long course but very hilly.

Like at the weekend I was unable to get the ball off the tee on the front 9 and only came in on one hole, my partner did his best to limit the damage and we turned 3 down.

I had an idea where I might be going wrong and began the back 9 with two pars for two wins. We dovetailed well after that and when I made birdie on the 16th (winning nearest the pin in the process!) we were dormie.

My partner chipped to gimme on the 17th and we won 2 & 1, a pleasing fight back. Team lost 5 to 3 overall though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Seniors away day for the John Breen cup at Llanamynech and whilst not knowing the final result shot a one over 71 which has resulted in a .5 cut down to 1.8, not bad for an old grunter of 65 🤣🤣
Good score from one so ancient.
And that's high praise coming from someone much, much younger than you.
In fact, I wont be 65 until....................................December

Mandofred

Visit site
Stirred the pot today. I've been trying to add a little change to the rollup. It's a drawn rollup...usually 2 of 4 to count. I've been pushing for something different. Occasionally...maybe 3 of 4 to count. It's been shot down a few times. Maybe give everybody 3 mulligans just for the fun of it. Hmmmm....just hmmmm. Golfers do NOT like things changing. I pushed hard this morning for a 3 of 4 to count which was ok'd by the early people. It wasn't until we were almost starting that the groaning started..... As would have it, our group sucked and took last (very deservedly). I'll keep pushing for spicing things up. I still think once or twice a year....everybody to count...I can just hear the death groans.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Open at The Hirsel at Coldstream today. Lovely day, we even dodged the scary black cloud that threatened at one stage.

Hadn't played for a week and a half, didn't get a chance to practice because of poor weather. Driving was good, second shots were okay, better when I slowed my swing down. Chipping decent, putting pants 😢. Greens were very slow and I just couldn't get the pacing right. 3 putted too many times 😡.

The round was made more enjoyable by one of our group bringing a wonderfully behaved chocolate lab. Fabulous dog, made me smile all afternoon ☺

I really enjoy the Hirsel, would happily be a member there if i Iived closer.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
2nd round of our Seniors Strokeplay Championship today.

Played really well for a net 68 (incl one lost ball), but could have been so much better - putting was so frustrating, had 3 lip out and 1 hang on the edge of the cup defying gravity as well as a few left an inch or two short.

Currently sitting 2nd of today's scores, but no idea re the overall comp as that doesn't appear to be on any of the apps.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played a 12 hole par 3 competition yesterday evening, following the success of the Masters type event earlier in the year. Holes were 60 - 160 yards and were mostly the usual holes shortened but one was 9th tee to 12th green (60 yards). Greensomes format followed by a BBQ. Great weather and good company, played with 2 pairs I hadn't met before and scored 4 under handicap (outside the prizes) but great fun.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Played King James VI today and what an unusual course. On an island in the middle of a river and you have to negotiate loads of steps and an 800 yard walk to get there along a railway bridge. Played not to bad, course dead flat and whizzed round in just over 2 1/2 hours.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played King James VI today and what an unusual course. On an island in the middle of a river and you have to negotiate loads of steps and an 800 yard walk to get there along a railway bridge. Played not to bad, course dead flat and whizzed round in just over 2 1/2 hours.

Just had a look at the satellite image.

Looks different, and I like the fact that it shares the island with some allotment gardens. :)

(Should be no issues with people changing their shoes in the carpark)

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Just had a look at the satellite image.

Looks different, and I like the fact that it shares the island with some allotment gardens. :)

(Should be no issues with people changing their shoes in the carpark)
😂 The carpark is half a mile away so nobody would know.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Popped up on my Facebook the other day. Very unusual course. Would certainly play it if I was in the area.

Like a random course the guys from no laying up would play on strapped. Very cool.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yesterday evening 2nd round of County Seniors (over 55) Scratch Knockout.
Playing a chap 6 years younger than me with HI 1.5 and at his course. There's 3 excuses already!
Lost first hole but kept hanging in there to be 1 down after 8 and then 3-putted the par-5 9th hole to be 2 down.
Lost another. but won the 14th when opponent 3-putted.
2 down with 3 to go and I thought I was going to take it the 17th green, but opponent holed a 15-footer for a birdie on 16th and it was all over 3&2.
I think the 3.7 difference in HI was telling.
With so many very good whippersnappers coming through I think it is time for me to pack this comp in.
Made a good effort yesterday and fairly pleased with how I'm playing.

Last edited: