I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I nipped round for 18 on Weds before the football, I hit the ball terribly but it always worked out ok so I was only +2 after 14, I then dropped 5 shots in the last 4 holes which I'm putting down to rushing. The round was probably summed up by the 9th - wafty drive which went nowhere and left me a 6i in, that 6i never got airborne but went dead straight to about 25ft from where I lipped out for birdie, dumb game.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Back from a 3 day trip down the west coast of Ireland. Played in a competition over 3 links courses. Shot 5over and two 8 overs. Very pleased with that.
5 over at enniscrone on day 1. Weather was nice. One double after going into the face of a greenside bunker. Rest was plain sailing.
Next up county sligo. Wind got up on the back 9 and dropped 4 in the last 4 holes. Can't say I did much wrong. It's just a tough finish. Bit sloppy on 18 but played well.
Last it was carne. Atlantic dunes layout which is easily the best layout there. Wind was howling most of the round. On a par 5 I hit driver and 2 3 irons.
Really happy with how I played. Spent the winter trying to hone my game for this trip and didn't disgrace myself.
Back to porridge tomorrow at my home course. Be Nice if the wind stayed away. :)

PaulMdj

Visit site
Captains Card today, started off really well and was only 4 over after 9 helped by a trailing wind, back 9 was more of a struggle and a couple of bad holes after having a confrontation with a guest 3 Ball ahead of us led to a 9 over back 9.

Nett 1 over in total and surprisingly leading the comp when I left.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Next round of singles knockout at my club, I was getting 3 shots.

I was 5 up after 5 and playing really well, including a birdie at the 2nd. A little bit of back and forth ensued but I birdied 9 and 10 to take back control and we finished on the 14th for a 6&4 win for me.

Onto the quarter final.

This is the sort of match play report I can handle reading.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back from a 3 day trip down the west coast of Ireland. Played in a competition over 3 links courses. Shot 5over and two 8 overs. Very pleased with that.
5 over at enniscrone on day 1. Weather was nice. One double after going into the face of a greenside bunker. Rest was plain sailing.
Next up county sligo. Wind got up on the back 9 and dropped 4 in the last 4 holes. Can't say I did much wrong. It's just a tough finish. Bit sloppy on 18 but played well.
Last it was carne. Atlantic dunes layout which is easily the best layout there. Wind was howling most of the round. On a par 5 I hit driver and 2 3 irons.
Really happy with how I played. Spent the winter trying to hone my game for this trip and didn't disgrace myself.
Back to porridge tomorrow at my home course. Be Nice if the wind stayed away. :)
Yes that Atlantic Challange is a really Boss course, though decent weather helps a lot. Seems like you did pretty well

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes that Atlantic Challange is a really Boss course, though decent weather helps a lot. Seems like you did pretty well

We got so lucky with the weather. It rained non stop for 24 hours back home. We never have the brolly up once which is miraculous. Haha

I'll post some highlights for those who like to see hackers play shots on nice courses. :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Approach into the 13th at enniscrone. 3 iron off the tee then drove in a low 56. Use the slope behind the hole. There was a number of ways I could have played into the bowl green. Had a bit of fun with this one.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Drive on the 7th at sligo. Into the wind. Played it low and finished middle of the fairway. 225 to pin. Decision to make. 1 over at the time. Huge burn infront of the green. Took it on with a 3 wood and just made the carry as it drifted right. It's a longer carry the more right you go. Made the putt for an unlikely birdie.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Launch pad tee box at the 5th hole sligo. Very rarely hit this fairway. Not today. Wind off the right. Nice draw landing middle of the fairway.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Finally 13th at carne. Into the wind par 5. And what a wind. Driver then 3 iron left this dangerous approach. 165 left. Decided to play a high 3 iron. Aimed at the left side of the green and tried to put it up in the air. Let it hit the wall of wind and the ball came down front right of the green.

Definitely a shot I'll remember and a well earned green in reg and par for the card.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Didn't play but practiced at St. Andrews academy centre. Amazing outdoor area with 5 chipping/pitching greens, one of which you can putt on (although not great quality, good enough). You can look over the fence at the 15th green/16th tee of the Old Course too, just for additional torture!
Then inside for 90 balls on the TopTracer, then back out for putting and more chipping.
Spent 1hr 45mins there and wasn't bored for one second! Screenshot_20240713_152542_Photos~2.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Having been playing well lately I decided to make a late entry into today's Stableford, played off the back tees.

Started well enough with a birdie putt from 6 feet but it slid by.

Not a bad front 9 for 17 points, lost ball from the tee on the 4th.

Then onto the back 9 and I was hopeless, losing 6 more balls from the tee! 8 points back for 25 total. Worst score for a while.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Roll up Stableford with the youth today.

It was just a pleasure to watch him over the front nine.

39 points - losing out on a Div 1 win on countback. We go again tomorrow…

Attachments

• IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 15

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't play but practiced at St. Andrews academy centre. Amazing outdoor area with 5 chipping/pitching greens, one of which you can putt on (although not great quality, good enough). You can look over the fence at the 15th green/16th tee of the Old Course too, just for additional torture!
Then inside for 90 balls on the TopTracer, then back out for putting and more chipping.
Spent 1hr 45mins there and wasn't bored for one second! View attachment 54184
It is a very nice practice area, easy to spend a couple hours there!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Perfect conditions yesterday for the medal (poured down after I’d finished so not so good for others)…and I had another stinker…🤔😟

Even my putting was rank and that’s usually my saviour. Anyway…managed to hole one putt and that got me a two so a few £s coming my way that will at least cover my entry.

I continue in faith that it will come right…eventually…

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Presidents Putter yesterday which is one of our majors.

Started really well and was 1 over after 6 but a double on 7th and 9th put me 6 over. Played the back 9 pretty well until the 17th where I lost a ball and made a double, for a +12 83, net 73.

Played with the eventual winner who shot a gross 5 over, playing off 9, was a great round to witness.