I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seniors match today, won our match and won overall.
After losing every match we'd played up until last week when we scraped a half, this was the first win of the year!

I hit one of my best shots in a long time on the short par 5 13th. Okay drive left me 240 yards uphill, I hit the Penfold laminated maple 3 wood right out the screws with a lovely little draw and found the middle of the green, two putt birdie for the hole. 😃
That reads like a sentence out of Bobby Jones’s autobiography.
Nice to hear.👍

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out tonight for 9 holes. Saturday I really played badly and I have very little time this week to resolve the issues. I am scheduled to play in a competition next Saturday and I was thinking of pulling out.
However just knocking air balls in the garden made me realise I don’t get big divots.
So I started to set up with club above the ball.. seemed to work and the striking was good. So warmed up doing it and played a round .. and it was a good 9 holes.

Smoj

Visit site
18 holes this morning. bit of light rain scattered around. nothing too much. The main objective today was to try and improve my G.I.R and F.I.R

Been having a nightmare with my driver lately, and over the weekend took a deep dive into high loft, low launch/spin, shaft combos.

I have been using a Ventus Red TR (non-velocore) which is a lovely shaft but was getting so much launch, so I needed to fix something, went back to my old shaft, kai'li white, which is a low/low shaft, and decided to crank the loft up to 11 degrees on the driver... and well, my driving has never been so straight and gained about 10-15 yards, and buckets of confidence.. only just missed 3 fairways today out of 9 tee shots with the driver so already seeing a big improvement.

Approach shots started well on the front 9. 5 out of 9 is very good for me... the back 9 didn't hit any G.I.R. at all.

My short game is going very well at the moment, and from today my tee shots are getting better, straighter, and longer, which is nice as I don't have to have long iron shots on the green.

at the moment I'm having a nightmare on my home course back 9.. last few rounds went nicely into the back 9, 4 over, then managed to rack up 10/11 shots on the back 9, mostly stupid shots 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 20.54.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 20.54.06.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 4

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had to play our betterball match this evening as it was the deadline day today. Started off well but their 23 handicapper started with three pars so we were 3 down, even though I'd also parred the first two. Not very much we could do about that.

We fought back and my mate got a cracking birdie on the par 5 8th to get us back to 1 down. On the 9th we both had par putts to square it up but we both missed, and this was the big momentum killer for us sadly. Opponents promptly won the next two holes to get back to 3 up - and after a good front nine I completely lost the plot and lost a ball on each of these two.

I made a great par on the 13th with an 80-yard up and down, but 23 capper turned up again with a dagger to the heart, sinking a 20 foot par putt himself for nett birdie. Halves on the next two and we'd lost 4&3.

Feel a bit gutted but never really recovered from the 23 handicapper's ridiculous start. We played pretty well, apart from my two nightmare holes and missing the chance on the 9th. And my driving is absolutely shocking again - I just cannot stop slicing the bloody thing.

Oh well. Always next year.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
5 over round enniscrone today. Wind got up on the back 9. Had to really dig in last few holes. 1 double from being plugged in a bunker face. Other than that played really well.

Off to sligo tomorrow. Never usually score too well there for some reason. If I break 80 I will be happy enough.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
As stated earlier, walked 9 holes with Jamie on Sunday, and he was out again round Dewsbury last night with his mate.
Followed up a 39 on Sunday with another good round yesterday.

Frustrating double on 17 that just takes the gloss of an otherwise solid score.

IMG_4386.jpeg

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a senior Stableford today in the pouring rain. Played with a guy whom was getting 25 shots. He had 13 points on the four par 3s alone 😳. For me to do that I would need three birdies and a hole in one 🤣

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lads golf trip. Four of us. We played Rotherham on Sunday and Thonock Park (Gainsborough)on Monday. How we missed the rain I just don't know. Glorious sunshine both days.

Rotherham is a tough place to play. Great course. Greens like glass, how? White sand in all of the many many bunkers. Wonderful place to play. Managed 30 points. Me and my mate won!
Thonock Park. What a amazing set up! Again. Great course. Greens like glass, again.....how? My driver clicked into place (two measuring 280 and 260 yards) and I set about the course grabbing 36 points. Should have been more. I got caught out twice attempting bouncing flicked wedges into the greens and landing on soft ground in front of the greens. No fluked putts, just ground out scores. Me and my mate won again easilly actually even after agreeing to a 8 shot increase in one of the other lads H/C to balance things out.
Day three (individual) was cancelled as one of the other two wasn't very well last evening (went back early to Travelodge) and still not well next day. Me and my mate drove to course three but it was heavy drizzle and thick cloud cover (we were quite high up) so had a brew and drove home.

Both courses were brilliant. If you are near them, go and give them a try. You will not be disappointed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not gonna lie, but when it comes to golf. I have played Medal and stableford. After that. Nothing. Texas scramble, not a clue.
So today four of us turned up and we played a pairs comp where the lowest score wins the hole. Bottom line, I was a machine. Now don’t ask me how, but I hit every fairway on the front nine. But never got a par or double bogey.
Back nine, my driving was a bit erratic but I had two pars. We walked off the 15th having won 4 and 3. And £5 better off.
It probably goes without saying but for the first time in years, I was able to hit 40 balls on the range, do a bit of putting instead of literally walking to the tee having dropped the kids off. I felt better prepared.

Mandofred

Visit site
Almost didn't go in today for the rollup. Just not in the mood these days. Crap for 7 holes....then +1 the last 11 holes. I've got some foot path/dog trail work to do....so might spend the next few days working on that.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Couple of entirely different rounds.

83 hitting 3 greens but 6 scrambles for par and 27 putts. First 6 holes all par.

84 hitting 6 greens and no scrambles with 33 putts and two birdies. Also two chunked approaches from 50 yards 🙄

My ability to find new ways to not break 80 is all encompassing 😁