I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
West course at East Sussex National. I was pretty good off the tee today, but 2nd shots were often poor. It was blowing 20mph most of the round and harder still at times. Made for interesting club selection!
Most bunkers were flooded which was disappointing, and some greens on the back nine have got disease issues.
But it's still a very nice course indeed and I'd recommend it to anyone in the area.
Finished 7 over handicap, but could easily have shaved 4 or 5 off having seen where balls would finish of drives and then some more for the wind, so not unhappy.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of those days, a good one for a change.

Stood on the 1st tee in a howling gale with a raging hangover. I wasn’t expecting much and thought something in the mid 80’s would be good. One over at the turn with a birdie and two bogeys. Two under on the back nine to finish with a 1 under gross 69. The putter worked for a change. 😁
Edit:
I won the monthly medal on count back with a nett 66, phew. 😁

Springveldt

Visit site
Shot +6 for a 4.7 differential this morning in perfect conditions. Stupid double on the last, missed the first cut by 2 yards but took 2 hacks to get it back into play. The double spoiled what was otherwise a solid day. Played really well tee to green and hit what I felt were good putts that just didn’t drop.

Got a 4.0 differential dropping off next round so this round basically covers it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday’s Captains Day knock was a careless mess…not helped by intermittently grim weather and v difficult rough that finds a PCC of 2 applied…that said, and despite myself, I managed to par all of our par 3s…and would prob have won the ‘nearest the line’ drive comp had the line not stopped at 200 yds 🙄

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First major at the new club and 3 toss holes to start. Steadied the ship and turned at 16points, good run for the next 5 holes and the BANG…. The wheels were off!

Still 3.50mins in a major and back in before the rain hit (11.30), we go again Tuesday.

sjw

Visit site
Second day of the Club Champs today, after my horrendous showing yesterday.

Weather was much much better, only threatening to rain for about 10 minutes. Shot a 95, which is much better than yesterday and my best score off the whites.

While I'm generally happy, it was split into 41 out and 54 back in! The front nine was quality; it was what I'd practiced and how I know I can play so to shoot so high the back nine was irritating. Just couldn't hole a putt, greens seemed to get faster and faster. Couple of penalties and chips not very close, all adds up.

Came 37th out of 48 gross, and about 30th nett, so not great but it's my first showing. I think there were about 3 people who came in and were happy with how they'd played; combine that with some of the scores I can see and it's a lesson to me to not beat myself up so much.

The main trophy is best gross - the winner shot 81, 80 and he is off +0.3. He actually won it on a playoff hole, where his opponent took a 2 shot penalty for playing the wrong ball!! 🫣

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played a few games over the last four days with mixed results, my partner and I won our Ping 4BBB competitions, but not with a good enough score to progress further, then I played in a regional competition started with an 8 on the par 4 first and didn't really improve.

Today was a major at my place and although I hit my drives and woods well I didn't score well, this got me thinking about my game.

I reckon that I have lost 15-20 yards off my driver and 10 or so off my woods since last season and as a consequence I finding myself 30 or 40 yards shorter than I would have been on par 4s and short par 5s, so whereas I used to have just a chip and run or similar if I missed the green, now I have that annoying in between shot where you need a half hit wedge or punch shot, and this is where my struggles are coming from as they are not shots I used to have to hit and they are definitely a weakness, so now I need to decide whether I work on these shots or start leaving myself a distance I feel comfortable with

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have played a few games over the last four days with mixed results, my partner and I won our Ping 4BBB competitions, but not with a good enough score to progress further, then I played in a regional competition started with an 8 on the par 4 first and didn't really improve.

Today was a major at my place and although I hit my drives and woods well I didn't score well, this got me thinking about my game.

I reckon that I have lost 15-20 yards off my driver and 10 or so off my woods since last season and as a consequence I finding myself 30 or 40 yards shorter than I would have been on par 4s and short par 5s, so whereas I used to have just a chip and run or similar if I missed the green, now I have that annoying in between shot where you need a half hit wedge or punch shot, and this is where my struggles are coming from as they are not shots I used to have to hit and they are definitely a weakness, so now I need to decide whether I work on these shots or start leaving myself a distance I feel comfortable with
I work on nothing but 80 yds now.
I’m in the same predicament with my game.
If I can’t get on or close I lay up.
Don’t always get par but it takes double out most of the time!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
was due to play Sunday for a gam arranged weeks in advance with visitors but cancelled due to the predicted weather - will now have to re-arrange for the summer!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just one game at the weekend and it had to coincide with having man-flu. Still you gotta go and face the course but jeez every muscle ached by the turn and I started fatting the irons (which just made matters worse) a couple of 2's on the back 9 kept my spirits alive enough to keep ploughing on but overall I was happy to scrape 30pts
Despite the respectable temp I was near shivering having post round drinks under the trees watching other groups come in & had to admit defeat and head home

Typically, back in office today and feeling like I could manage 36 holes!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Today I hit my driver well, decently, averagely and poorly not to mention catastrophically
Today I hit my irons well, decently, averagely and poorly not to mention catastrophically
Today I hit my woods and hybrids well, decently, averagely........

Are you getting the picture here...?
It goes on....and on......

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today I hit my driver well, decently, averagely and poorly not to mention catastrophically
Today I hit my irons well, decently, averagely and poorly not to mention catastrophically

I have been the same .
It’s hard to explain why.
Even my pro said my swing looks ok.
Scratching my head.😳

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Have you been Fraggered? What are the bad shots like (left/right, topped etc)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors match today, won our match and won overall.
After losing every match we'd played up until last week when we scraped a half, this was the first win of the year!

I hit one of my best shots in a long time on the short par 5 13th. Okay drive left me 240 yards uphill, I hit the Penfold laminated maple 3 wood right out the screws with a lovely little draw and found the middle of the green, two putt birdie for the hole. 😃