I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a trip down south for a couple of games, first one today was playing Walton Heath New course, I wasn't at my best and did find it quite tough going, although Idid play the par 3s well and played the last few holes decently.
I think it is a course you need to be on the top of your game for, there is nothing if you miss a fairway and the bunkers with the heather tops are challenging. never lost my ball before when just playing a sand wedge from a bunker! Surprisingly I found the greens quite slow, although I think they had been top dressing them.
A good day although the trip around the M25 made it a long journey from Hertfordshire.
Playing in Berkshire tomorrow before the drive back up north.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had a trip down south for a couple of games, first one today was playing Walton Heath New course, I wasn't at my best and did find it quite tough going, although Idid play the par 3s well and played the last few holes decently.
I think it is a course you need to be on the top of your game for, there is nothing if you miss a fairway and the bunkers with the heather tops are challenging. never lost my ball before when just playing a sand wedge from a bunker! Surprisingly I found the greens quite slow, although I think they had been top dressing them.
A good day although the trip around the M25 made it a long journey from Hertfordshire.
Playing in Berkshire tomorrow before the drive back up north.
Enjoy my neck of the woods. Where you playing?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
7th out of 31 in a seniors medal board comp played in the rain from start to finish.

No progress with the HI which remains at its all time high since the start of WHS. Got to start coming down soon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My best round for some time.....
I've been having trouble with our 1st hole...always seem to be in the right hand trees or OB...neither of which make a good start easy when you don't get a shot..
Made a few tweaks to my driver and, mostly, it seems to have paid off.
1st drive down the middle, rolling to the 1st cut on the right with the slope...happy days.
6 over for the front 9 with a double on the par 3 5th.
Hooked my drive to completely the wrong side of the hole where making a double was quite a decent result...
4 over on the back 9 with 3 lip outs that simply defied gravity
So 10 over...81 shots
Still haven't broken 80 in what seems like a lifetime but the signs are definitely encouraging

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My best round for some time.....
I've been having trouble with our 1st hole...always seem to be in the right hand trees or OB...neither of which make a good start easy when you don't get a shot..
Made a few tweaks to my driver and, mostly, it seems to have paid off.
1st drive down the middle, rolling to the 1st cut on the right with the slope...happy days.
6 over for the front 9 with a double on the par 3 5th.
Hooked my drive to completely the wrong side of the hole where making a double was quite a decent result...
4 over on the back 9 with 3 lip outs that simply defied gravity
So 10 over...81 shots
Still haven't broken 80 in what seems like a lifetime but the signs are definitely encouraging
Keep it going

PaulMdj

Visit site
Quarter final of the Clubs foursomes comps, giving our opponents 4 shots, wasn’t enough for them, quite a tight match with us winning on the 1st extra hole.

D

Deleted member 29109

Quarter final of the Clubs foursomes comps, giving our opponents 4 shots, wasn’t enough for them, quite a tight match with us winning on the 1st extra hole.

I lost the quarter final of out club foursomes last week giving our opponents 4 shots.

We were 2 over gross and lost 6&5 🥴

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night and a tale of 2 halves. Front 9 was played in a howling north wind that means the first 3 are straight into. On the par 5 second I had to hit driver, 3 wood then 3 hybrid to get there, on the third a 380 yard par 4 I hit driver then 3 wood and was still 10 yards short of the green. Even with that I was 3 over at the turn and if I could putt at all I would have been level.

Back 9 started well with a great par on stroke index 1 tenth but on 11 I hit what I thought was an ok 2nd that missed the green left (190 approach wind into and off the right) and trickled into the rough. We get up there and it goes from tightly cut green surround to instant 3 foot high, thick and juicy rough. Lost ball, lost my head and ended up shooting 10 over on the back (that lost ball was a triple as I get a shot on that hole).

The wind completely died down on the last 6 holes as well, what could have been if I could putt and be mentally a bit more stable.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hit a great drive on the 1st yesterday, then put it in the green side bunker. The sand was like concrete after it chucking down for the 2 previous days. I stupidly stuck with my normal bunker technique, kept bouncing off the surface, couldn’t get out. Picked up.

2nd hole, exactly the same scenario.

Brain was totally fried.

Managed a good par on 3 and thought “right, sorted”.

Hit a lovely tee shot on 4, which ran off the green and into a bunker. Feared the worst, but when I got there, the sand was nice and fluffy and got out no bother. Big sigh of relief.

Settled down and managed 31 points, but those bunkers on 1 and 2 have mentally scarred me. I don’t understand why they are so inconsistent.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played in the Seniors Open at Hexham this week. Lovely course, and in great condition given it hosed it down non stop the previous day.

But my god its hilly. I don’t how I managed to get round last year with a push trolley. I was very grateful for my new electric one this year!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in the Seniors Open at Hexham this week. Lovely course, and in great condition given it hosed it down non stop the previous day.

But my god its hilly. I don’t how I managed to get round last year with a push trolley. I was very grateful for my new electric one this year!

What was the winning score?
Anything crazy....

Some of my friends played seniors open at south moor the other day
Winner 48 points
Off 85 %
Winners, winning pair, were playing off 21hcap and 22hcap....!!!!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What was the winning score?
Anything crazy....

Some of my friends played seniors open at south moor the other day
Winner 48 points
Off 85 %
Winners, winning pair, were playing off 21hcap and 22hcap....!!!!
they haven't published it yet. it does irritate me a bit when it takes clubs days to announce results.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whilst hesitating saying "I'm Back".....
I did shoot a gross 78(+7) for 40 points this morning......in a stiffish breeze from an unusual direction...
And chipping in for a birdie on my, usual, bogey hole is an added bonus...
Happy camper:love: