I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Albo

Visit site
I played today and....
5 putted 1 green for a tripple and took 6 to get out of one bunker for a 10.
I also stated with a 5 over 9 on the first and a double on the 2nd. I did finish the first half 8 over having dropped 7 shots in the first 2 holes?! It was windy mind.

Oh and all this was at Muirfield, which I absolutely loved. Cracking golf course

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
frustrating day today, played some great stuff at times, 7 pars and a birdie, but also some rubbish, 2 blobs and a few 3 putts. finished with 33 point but very disappointing really

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Out with CVG for a evening 9 on the back 9
Started like a twonk, with 1 point after 2 holes, then got it together for a 19 point honourable draw with Grandad.

3 pars inc the last helped

Twas lovely out there, played most of the front 9 solo after as it was past Grandads bedtime,

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Another 18 holes at the new club yesterday, courtesy of a delayed return to Spain after me and the youth both tested positive for Covid. Took us to 81 holes in a 7 day stint whilst back in Gods own county of Yorkshire.

Not been able to play so much golf for a long time, and even enjoyed the bad bits. Frustrating round for the youth yesterday, especially when the shaft snapped in his trusty hybrid, leaving him to play the latter partof the round with a fairly sizeable gap in his bag set up.

He picked up another £20 off my buddies though, so that'll be going on meal deals at the Tesco Express. :ROFLMAO:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Church Stretton the other day in a comp. What a place. I had two opportunities for eagle on par fours and missed them both. We came in with 37 with the obligatory 46 already in, in a gale ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As recipient of the advice, his PP couldn’t put a card in, but no reason Imurg couldn’t with his PP marking it.
As Imurg received no advice ?
To be fair we were discussing my shots and club selection too...so in this instance.. no.

Onto today..
It seems I always have to bugger up one hole these days..today it was the 18th, our 9th.
No real bad shots but just missed the bogey putt with no shot.
Everything else was par or nett par plus a single birdie and a single nett bogey.
8 over, 79 shots, 38 points and a small cut back to,9 shots...absolutely hated having 10 shots....
Most pleasing day at the office....oh, and the Grandad had 38 too....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday.
18 holes and no duffed chips or pitches.
I never thought I'd ever be able to say that ................................... ever. :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in our inaugural company golf day today at Tewkesbury Park. Really lovely course for a hotel course. Tricky enough to make you think, but forgiving enough to not make you want to rage quit.

I was somehow instructed to play off 16 as I was “the best golfer in the group” whilst the rest of the bandits were playing off mid-20’s

Grafted for 34 points in ridiculous heat; which, by some miracle, got me the win. Couldn’t hit my long irons for toffee most of the day and the putter was stone cold.

Still, second handicap card done as well, so a good day all round.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
3 ball better ball today, currently sitting in 6th with a nett 61.
I drove the ball well today, about 250 off the tee, but my playing partners were about 40 yards past me each time, it was a phenomenal driving performance from them, we should off scored better from the positions they were in, just highlights the need for a good short game.
My Irons were poor today, but my 3 wood was good again, just kept it back in my stance a bit, seemed to work ?Caught the sun as well ??

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Had my worse round of the year today at a course so barmy, I won't even name it!!

How no one was injured by stray golf balls I'll never know! Several times you walk perpendicularly across another fairway, one hole was not next to the hole you finished.. greens were nice to putt on, if you stayed on, they were baked hard!

Nice members, nice food, decent condition mostly, decent views, but no thanks, I'll never play there again! ?

Weekend off, Oxfordshire and Taddy next week.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was looking forward to today. Manchester and district ladies big single comp at Wilmslow.

I skied my drives on the first 2 hole, went in 4 bunker in the first 3, if I hit a green the ball went through the back but if I went up a club it would stay short,

My frustration peaked on the 8th after again landing short of the green with my 2nd and seeing the ball go through, chipping to 3 feet then missing I just gave up and picked up my ball in disgust.

once I have given up of course, I then had several pars and a couple of birdies on the remaining holes

Terrible day! weather was nice though

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A real mixed bag. Started like a train, drove well, irons spot on, chipped well, couldn't miss a putt. Then reached the 2 par 5's on our front 9 and the wobble started. Shots thrown away, drives leaked, 3 putts came into the equation. Ended up with 34 points but a real 'what could have been' day.

The big plus from a golfing perspective was that I got my irons going well. I slowed my swing, really concentrated on getting my timing right with my body, and the benefits were clear to see. Now to repeat that with my rescue clubs, please................

Other plus points, great weather, lovely run on the ball, I got to enjoy our very own @rudebhoy play superbly for an excellent 40 points, whilst still leaving some out there, and being clubhouse leader, and I met rudebhoy's mate, a really nice guy and a pleasure to play with. All in all, cracking day.

Visit site
Monthly Stableford…. not a board comp, but 90+ players.

Had 74/36 points, but one of those funny rounds where I wasn’t ever really in it for a great round, at +2 through 4, so I just plodded along and made a few birdies and dropped a few, had my usual double bogey on 12 but -1 through the last 5 and thought that was a good score.

2 people with 41 points in ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A real mixed bag. Started like a train, drove well, irons spot on, chipped well, couldn't miss a putt. Then reached the 2 par 5's on our front 9 and the wobble started. Shots thrown away, drives leaked, 3 putts came into the equation. Ended up with 34 points but a real 'what could have been' day.

The big plus from a golfing perspective was that I got my irons going well. I slowed my swing, really concentrated on getting my timing right with my body, and the benefits were clear to see. Now to repeat that with my rescue clubs, please................

Other plus points, great weather, lovely run on the ball, I got to enjoy our very own @rudebhoy play superbly for an excellent 40 points, whilst still leaving some out there, and being clubhouse leader, and I met rudebhoy's mate, a really nice guy and a pleasure to play with. All in all, cracking day.

Very enjoyable game, and great company.

Chuffed with my 40 points, but gutted about 3 putting from 6 feet on 17, looks like that has cost me the win - 3 of us currently on 40, but the other 2 are beating me on countback. Not bad out of 117 returned scores, hopefully i can hang on for some 3rd place prize money, but still another 30 cards to be submitted!

Either way, should be a nice little cut in the morning.