I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Finding golf hard at the moment....
Shot 83 today, 33 points, no blobs just too many bogeys...
Getting the ball in the hole is a trial right now.
Our greens are so fast and sloped that it's hard to commit to a putt knowing that if you miss you've got one double the length coming back.
I get the feeling that it's going to be a Spring, Autumn and Winter course for me....the course needs to soften up a bit...
Frustrating......index up to 7.8 so 10 shots tomorrow.....CVG isn't happy:ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Finding golf hard at the moment....
Shot 83 today, 33 points, no blobs just too many bogeys...
Getting the ball in the hole is a trial right now.
Our greens are so fast and sloped that it's hard to commit to a putt knowing that if you miss you've got one double the length coming back.
I get the feeling that it's going to be a Spring, Autumn and Winter course for me....the course needs to soften up a bit...
Frustrating......index up to 7.8 so 10 shots tomorrow.....CVG isn't happy:ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, I’d kill for an 83 ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
No I meant I’d kill for an 83, therefore, by default, not killing myself, which would be counter productive in the great scheme of things,

Jeez this is hard work ???

Good artwork though ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a shocker today. Started OK except for the 3putt bogey on the third?. Then it went really bad. Doubles on 5, 6, 7 and 11 with pars everywhere else in between. A lost ball on 14 which led to a triple. Highlight was a 2 putt birdie on the 535 yard 16th, 3 wood 3 wood to about 20 feet. Then another birdie on 17. I honestly can’t remember when I had 5 doubles or worse in a round. Finished with an 81 for a nett 77. On the plus side I came second on the day in division 1. However, division 1 only had two players today?

Leftitshort

Visit site
Played little Aston today. I really enjoyed it. A great test from the white tees. Very well bunkered & a really great welcome. I would strongly recommend as maybe my new favourite parkland course

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played Sundridge Park East yesterday, 37 points so a very small cut. Really enjoyed the course, quite challenging but in a natural way, i.e. gradients and contours rather than being tricked out. Could have been much better as I found more bunkers yesterday than the rest of the year combined.

Pyrford Lakes, Hoe Bridge, West Hill, West Byfleet & Sundridge Park in a week.......(un)fortunately the wife and 3 kids are back from holiday now so back to golf taking a backseat :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Massively inconsistent at the moment.
10th hole - shank into the jungle ( 2nd time in a week)
15th hole - decent drive, great 7 wood, great 6 iron (into the wind) great 15 foot putt for a birdie..
I've worked out that it's the short game and putting thats generally letting me down.
The greens are so hot at the moment that it's hard to chip or pitch close enough to allow a decent shot at holing the putt.
You think you've hit a good approach and the ball fires through the green, the chip back doesn't make it as you're too scared of it running 10 feet past..so you leave it 8 feet short
And we all know how easy it is to miss an 8 footer with 6 inches of break..downhill..

And while I write this I'm all too aware of how many people would give their first born to go round in 85 like I did today...but that's just ain't good enough when your index was 5.4 a month ago.
Just hitting the ball so badly a lot of the time....very frustrating

D

Deleted member 3432

Had a lesson this morning, absolutely striping it.

Finished off doing a wedge test on Trackman. Oh dear, dreadful, stopped mid test to sort out my set up which was dreadful.

Last time I did this test I was 1 Hcp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Always something to go wrong in this game...

Springveldt

Visit site
Massively inconsistent at the moment.
10th hole - shank into the jungle ( 2nd time in a week)
15th hole - decent drive, great 7 wood, great 6 iron (into the wind) great 15 foot putt for a birdie..
I've worked out that it's the short game and putting thats generally letting me down.
The greens are so hot at the moment that it's hard to chip or pitch close enough to allow a decent shot at holing the putt.
You think you've hit a good approach and the ball fires through the green, the chip back doesn't make it as you're too scared of it running 10 feet past..so you leave it 8 feet short
And we all know how easy it is to miss an 8 footer with 6 inches of break..downhill..

And while I write this I'm all too aware of how many people would give their first born to go round in 85 like I did today...but that's just ain't good enough when your index was 5.4 a month ago.
Just hitting the ball so badly a lot of the time....very frustrating
I've just been through the same patch. Index started the season at 5.4 and currently 6.7 which is only due to shooting 78, 80 in my last 2 rounds. Even those scores were probably the worse I could have shot on those days. For the 6 weeks before I was shooting 85,86,87 type scores and getting massively frustrated with not only my ball striking but the course in general as well. It's no surprise that our greens have seen a little water the last week and both my rounds were better as the greens are now holding approach shots again even if they are still not running great. It's not only holding the greens but it's the consistency of chipping onto greens that you have missed as you are not expecting the ball to run forever like when the greens are rock hard only for it to stop way short.

Fiery, hard greens that are also quick in 20+mph winds nearly every time you go out are not a good recipe for scoring.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Quarter final of the Seniors Singles. A combination of me playing out my skin and my opponent struggling saw me 8 up at the turn!

Made a bit of a mess of the 10th (had to happen sometime), but 2 good halves on 11 and 12 saw me wrap it up 7&6.

Very happy with how I played overall, one or two loose shots, but by and large, everything worked well today.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me and the wife played Cavendish on Sunday. We were partnered with a smashing couple. A chatty bloke and a very positive lady who smiled all the way round at the unjust greens. Brilliant laugh afterwards in the bar. We swapped numbers to arrange a meet up elsewhere. Score? 29 points for both couples. :):) God it's tough.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st round of the Titleist 4BBB match play today. Away course and I was giving 12 and 15 shots to the opponents, my wingman received 5. I started real bad but my winger halved the first two holes. We then played steady golf and after a bit of tooing and frowing we arrived at the 14th 2 up. I then won the short par 3 14th with a 20 foot birdie, and then finished off the match on the 15th with a chip in eagle 3 from behind the green. Next round is another away match.

D

Deleted member 3432

Tumbleweed in here, can't be many golfers left around here....

Played OK today, my two mates played better.

Course is much greener than last week. It would be good to see it dry out and speed up for the Carris in a couple of weeks.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just back from handicap team duty, won 3-1 should have been more really.

Driver went well in the main, irons were decent and wedges and short gsme were good.

Roll on silloth and st annes old links at the weekend!