I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
Played in very strong winds today, hard going. Worst putting display of the year so far. The misses were not shaving the hole, they were missing by 2-3 cups ?.

Horribly inconsistent and it is killing me. Handicap is about to go north, it's just a matter of by how much.
Played with a lad last week who is a good player (was off 1) and came from Longhirst a few years ago. Said it took him a while to adjust as he found our place much harder. Even silly things like the riggs in a lot of the fairways that give you the uphill or downhill lies took a while to adjust to.

Club championship tomorrow and the wind looks just as bad. My aim was to not finish last, now it’s to not run out of golf balls. ?

Springveldt

Visit site
Must have been tough, only 3 players out of 132 managed to beat their handicap. Glad I gave it a miss!
*puts on WHS pedant hat.

Course rating at our place is 71.1 to a par of 70 so 35 points is slightly beating handicap. Sorry. ?

Still, from what I can see there are 10 out of 133 or maybe 134 (one name with a time next to it but no score so not sure if they played) that managed to play to handicap. I’m expecting the PCC to be 0.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Defending my trophy on Thursday. Went two down after two. Clawed back to even after four. Then it was he won, I won until 11. Where I broke the spell and was two up at thirteen. Then list 14 + 15 . All square . I won 16. To hen by a miracle w, as Nd I'll spare you the prolonged description, won 17 to win. He was so engulfed with it all thought I was only one up until I questioned his marking of the card. Lord knows how I won.

................................... and, in English that says?

Springveldt

Visit site
To be fair the LIV golf advert is obnoxiously large on mobile and you need to scroll the screen up to see what you are typing.

It is also messing up the formatting of the page on mobile as the ad is slightly wider than the content box of the forum so it stretches the text off the screen and you have to finger pinch to resize it.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Captain's Day at Leighton Buzzard.

Was flying after 9 holes with 21 points including a blob. Then lost it on the back 9, the strange thing is I didn't even hit any bad shots, just had some bad breaks and ended up with 34. Winner got 40 points.

Game felt unbelievably good today, I was loving it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played with a lad last week who is a good player (was off 1) and came from Longhirst a few years ago. Said it took him a while to adjust as he found our place much harder. Even silly things like the riggs in a lot of the fairways that give you the uphill or downhill lies took a while to adjust to.

Club championship tomorrow and the wind looks just as bad. My aim was to not finish last, now it’s to not run out of golf balls. ?
I don't think I fully appreciated the difficulty until I played here week in week out. It isn't unfair, it's just a real test. You can't free wheel at any stage. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, I just need to up my game.

Best of luck today. Is it 36 holes of suffering or just 18? I'm losing balls in the wind up at Foxton today at an open ?. Good job it isn't on the edge of a cliff by the north sea ?.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
95 gross in ridiculous wind. I’m sort of happy with that as it’s better than last time I played. Over 50 out of 172 entrants NR’d.?

PCC was 3 ? We’ve played in worse earlier in the year and it’s been zero. ?‍♂️

Lowest gross was a 77 from a scratch player. A net 73 from a 14 handicap won. Par is 71. Carnage.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
To be fair the LIV golf advert is obnoxiously large on mobile and you need to scroll the screen up to see what you are typing.

It is also messing up the formatting of the page on mobile as the ad is slightly wider than the content box of the forum so it stretches the text off the screen and you have to finger pinch to resize it.

I was referring to CF being , or not being drunk,
Re the LIV banner, download Adblocker
And all will be well ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Turned a 74 into a 79 for the 2nd week on the spin. 1 bad hole and a couple of poor wedges cost me. Can't string a round together atm. Frustrating.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
On the practice ground at Silloth, just hit some 6 irons which have gone between 107 and 112 yards :ROFLMAO:. My 6 iron carries 175 yards in flat calm conditions......

It's too windy to actually hit balls, going to find some shelter behind gorse beside chipping green and try that.
No doubt it was tricky into the wind, but down if anything was equally if no harder yesterday. I hit 9 iron 205 on the 10th yesterday and luckily didn't hit it well so stopped middle of the green and on 18 the other par 5 on the back 9 pw with 186 to the front edge 200 to the flag, went though the back?

D

Deleted member 3432

No doubt it was tricky into the wind, but down if anything was equally if no harder yesterday. I hit 9 iron 205 on the 10th yesterday and luckily didn't hit it well so stopped middle of the green and on 18 the other par 5 on the back 9 pw with 186 to the front edge 200 to the flag, went though the back?

Just had a look at the score breakdown.
Front 9 average 14.4 over par, 8 holes into wind.

Back 9 average 9.5 over par 8 holes downwind and 400 yards longer.

Just glad I wasn't out there :ROFLMAO:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On Friday had a seniors singles knockout. The opponent was off 3 and me 23 and so in receipt of 20 shots. I must admit that it doesn’t feel right to me getting more than a shot on a hole even though I was benefitting.

Lost the first to a bogey and won the par 3 third with a great tee shot to 10ft. Even in receipt of so many shots I knew that I had to play close to my best and managed to play bogey golf for most of the round. All square after 10, then won 11 & 12, lost 13 after missing a 2ft putt, but won 14 & 15 to be dormie 3up. The 16th is rightly our SI 1 hole and was in receipt of 2 shots. The OP played two great shots to be 18ft from the hole and I was on in 3 although 40ft away. Putted up to 4ft effectively leaving the OP needing to hole his putt for a birdie to win the hole, which he didn’t. Was very pleased to have beaten such a good player, but receiving two shots on that last hole didn’t sit right.

Yesterday, pleased with 35pts in a stableford comp in the strong winds for 4th place in my division.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just had a look at the score breakdown.
Front 9 average 14.4 over par, 8 holes into wind.

Back 9 average 9.5 over par 8 holes downwind and 400 yards longer.

Just glad I wasn't out there :ROFLMAO:
The hard bit was getting the ball to stop down wind, went though the green on allbut 13th on the back 9, even though the back of 15 off the tee with a 3 wood. Windy again today, caddying again thus afternoon. See how the yanks enjoy it?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played the round of my life today, I’m off 17.3, par 72, scored 10 pars and a birdie, 23 putts in total, 12 over to equal my pb. Kicking myself for the 7 on our 12th hole. Drove into the trees, should’ve chipped out but decided to go for the gap…need another, and another! ??‍♂️

Loved it though and used the ‘my eg’ app for the first time to submit a general play round, very good and user friendly.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well I’ve been getting back to it the last few weeks, after knackering my back and then having surgery at Easter.
A couple of 30 & 31 pointers at Aberdovey, then a terrible 25 at Kedleston.
I then played a match play 4BBB on Tuesday shooting level par for 16 holes, with 5 birdies.
And on Friday played an AmAm at Ashbourne, hitting 4 birdies in the back 9, to help the team to the prizes. Plus nearest the pin at 1.3 metres.

Had a lesson on Saturday morning, being reminded of I think 4 basics, which will hopefully get my iron play back on track.
?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First round of summer singles k/o and I’ve definitely used my get out of jail free card early. Was one down for the first 6, some how turned it to three up by 13, melted for the next few and went down 18 1 up where he put one obb. The guy was a monster hitter off 8hc… I’m still sitting here with no clue how I won that match ??‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 4bbb open today at Alnmouth, Foxton. Very windy with a couple of short, sharp showers as well ?. Enjoyable round with some occasional good golf. A mid round wobble, full meltdown about to happen, was thankfully corrected by a spark of memory of a previous lesson. Problem solved, for now, bring on my next round ?

Visit site
Played 9 holes here on the Cote-D'azur
1-Par - 2- Par -3 Birdie (1st ever in France), 4- Par (birdie putt 1-inch short) 5 -14-foot birdie putt (3putt) and then played 3 off the tee for the last 4 holes :p
Glorious sunshine and a lovely lunch afterwards

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played 9 holes here on the Cote-D'azur
1-Par - 2- Par -3 Birdie (1st ever in France), 4- Par (birdie putt 1-inch short) 5 -14-foot birdie putt (3putt) and then played 3 off the tee for the last 4 holes :p
Glorious sunshine and a lovely lunch afterwards
I'm going off you ..............unless there is a forum meet ?

Is golf expensive in that part of the world?