I bought today.....

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just had to buy some of those driving range rubber tees so i can cut them to the 'proper' size (incidentally, that's a smidge below a castle)
Club is installing some range matts to use (usually off grass all year but usage is getting so high that they need to start having 'fallow' days/weeks to let the grass recover)

1717136913110.png

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Golf trip to Portugal in Feb next year for my 40th all booked in.

Amondoeira Golf resort; 3 nights B&B, unlimited golf, buggies, transfers and flights all for £560 each.

Can't wait!
Been there twice, decent resort. If you want to play two rounds in a day, don’t walk if a buggy not available for the second round. We tried walking the O’Connor in the afternoon on the first trip, nearly killed us. It’s out and back, no quick way in after 9…….

Nearest town is Alcantarilha, taxi needed, two main restaurants in the town square opposite the church, both were very good value when we went before.

The clubhouse food wasn’t too bad either but pretty basic, although the buffet breakfast was good.

The Faldo is our fav of the two courses, enjoy it mate.

sjw

Visit site
Can you hit it??
Kind of?

Bought it to improve my ball striking, first and foremost. Whether it remains in the bag as a club I play is yet to be decided. Does feel lovely when you flush it though, has me thinking about getting a full set of them just for fun

1717147723900.png

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just ordered some Bridgestone RXS balls (yellow for a change). Those Vice balls I bought a few weeks ago are obviously bad luck, as I've played terribly with them and lost 5 already. Have gone back to a ball that I know I have played well with - no more experimenting. Also ordered some bamboo green castle tees, as the previous ones I bought off Amazon must have been made of shortbread given how quickly they got destroyed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kind of?

Bought it to improve my ball striking, first and foremost. Whether it remains in the bag as a club I play is yet to be decided. Does feel lovely when you flush it though, has me thinking about getting a full set of them just for fun

View attachment 53556
Fair play - I can't hit a long iron to save my life and your handicap is higher than mine (for now), but we're all different. Pretty good numbers there.

sjw

Visit site
Fair play - I can't hit a long iron to save my life and your handicap is higher than mine (for now), but we're all different. Pretty good numbers there.
I'm hoping to get my cap down this year; generally speaking it's not my striking I struggle with, or distance. High scores come from just making silly mistakes and compounding them with poor course management.

This doesn't go much further than my current Stealth 5 iron, which I guess I kind of expected. It does seem to launch/fly lower though, and one of the reasons I bought it was for when I play links golf and it's too windy for driver to go ballooning.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm hoping to get my cap down this year; generally speaking it's not my striking I struggle with, or distance. High scores come from just making silly mistakes and compounding them with poor course management.

This doesn't go much further than my current Stealth 5 iron, which I guess I kind of expected. It does seem to launch/fly lower though, and one of the reasons I bought it was for when I play links golf and it's too windy for driver to go ballooning.
I'm the opposite, my course management is sound I just can't hit the ball consistently at all. 😆

sjw

Visit site
Just ordered some Bridgestone RXS balls (yellow for a change). Those Vice balls I bought a few weeks ago are obviously bad luck, as I've played terribly with them and lost 5 already. Have gone back to a ball that I know I have played well with - no more experimenting. Also ordered some bamboo green castle tees, as the previous ones I bought off Amazon must have been made of shortbread given how quickly they got destroyed.
Which Vice balls did you buy? If they're Pros, feel free to send them my way

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Been there twice, decent resort. If you want to play two rounds in a day, don’t walk if a buggy not available for the second round. We tried walking the O’Connor in the afternoon on the first trip, nearly killed us. It’s out and back, no quick way in after 9…….

Nearest town is Alcantarilha, taxi needed, two main restaurants in the town square opposite the church, both were very good value when we went before.

The clubhouse food wasn’t too bad either but pretty basic, although the buffet breakfast was good.

The Faldo is our fav of the two courses, enjoy it mate.
Thanks Brian, I appreciate that. Very much looking forward to it.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Just ordered a golf travel bag from Temu for £22. Got to think it's going to at least do the trip to Portugal and back, don't you think?
You are in the hands of the baggage handlers. My last bag had the wheel surround broken on its first trip. I reckon it must have been dropped from a great height. It has six nuts and bolts in it now.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just ordered a golf travel bag from Temu for £22. Got to think it's going to at least do the trip to Portugal and back, don't you think?
I’ve played abroad 4 times and I’m on my 3rd travel bag. First one cost £10, lasted 2 trips (just), next one cost £40ish and lasted 1 trip (pocket split open and the head cover ripped), and so I bought one for £100 for the last trip. It came back spotless, feels very sturdy and worth the extra money.

Personally wouldn’t go cheap on them again, but each to their own.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve played abroad 4 times and I’m on my 3rd travel bag. First one cost £10, lasted 2 trips (just), next one cost £40ish and lasted 1 trip (pocket split open and the head cover ripped), and so I bought one for £100 for the last trip. It came back spotless, feels very sturdy and worth the extra money.

Personally wouldn’t go cheap on them again, but each to their own.
I'm calling it an experiment, haha.

When it arrives I might test it out by going in my garden and just chucking it around like I'm a baggage handler 😂