• Thread starter Deleted member 31467
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31467

Just been through all my golf gear.

17 Under Armour polos

9 dozen boxed brand new ProV1's

9 pairs of shoes

Do I need therapy or am I perfectly normal?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would say that compared to my stash, your ball count is on the low side. 😂 Lord knows why I keep buying them when I hardly lose them.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I was sorting my golf gear out yesterday and I would be short of balls this season. I did say last season I wasn’t going to buy more until I’ve ran out but it seems and endless supply. 😂

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
13 golf bags
16 sets of irons
17 sets of woods

I may have miscounted in order to kid myself.
Apart from shoes and gloves, I don't have much that is specific golf-branded clothing.
I've got a Callaway gilet that is actually a large ladies size.
A quilted Ping top that I like very much, because it looks like a Star Trek uniform similar to picture on the left.
If I need balls, I just grab a box in the pro-shop and it comes off the credit from all the 2s sweep wins.

I don't have a problem. People that think I have a problem, have a problem. :LOL:

But if you want to form a support group - er - leave me out thanks. ;)

Last edited:

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I keep a good stash of golf balls. Buy loads in one go, get a deal, use until all gone.

Clothes though is one in two out rule at the moment. It’ll be some years until that causes problems!

Mandofred

Visit site
Golf clothing I don't have an issue with. Occasionally I get a little stocked up on balls....I tend to "like" a ball for a while, buy a bunch (a couple of boxes...not thousands like some of you) and then for no good reason flip to something else and I end up with a few sleeves of something. I've been hitting Supersofts all winter and I have been playing so well I might just keep hitting them all summer. £27 a box (holy crap....they have gone up!!) at Snainton compared to £47.99 for Pro V's......hmmmm....let me think about that for NOT A SECOND....I'll take the Supersofts.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Do you need help?
17 polos - normalish number.
9 dozen golf balls - a trifle excessive but okay.
9 PAIRS OF SHOES - your new name is Imelda!!!! Seek counselling immediately! 🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've gone from 3-4 polos to double figures in the space of two years. Not far back on mid layers now either. Not quite sure how it happened 🤷‍♂️. They don't ever seem to wear out either so I tend just to add rather than replace.

Balls, when I first started I used to go through a lot, based on a mixture of being a bit rubbish and playing the type of course that eats balls. That hasn't been the case for a while but I still have that psychological issue of needing lots of balls in my bag and in the garage ready to be used. I suspect I have 70-80 tucked away, 50-50 new and lake. Realistically a few years supply now.

It's a golf thing 😄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got waaay more clothes than that - at least 30 polos and most of mine are Under Armour too. However I've only got one box of balls for this season (not starting them until the weather's decent) and only four pair of golf shoes in operation - not counting another pair I no longer wear.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone from 3-4 polos to double figures in the space of two years. Not far back on mid layers now either. Not quite sure how it happened 🤷‍♂️. They don't ever seem to wear out either so I tend just to add rather than replace.

Balls, when I first started I used to go through a lot, based on a mixture of being a bit rubbish and playing the type of course that eats balls. That hasn't been the case for a while but I still have that psychological issue of needing lots of balls in my bag and in the garage ready to be used. I suspect I have 70-80 tucked away, 50-50 new and lake. Realistically a few years supply now.

It's a golf thing 😄
County Golf is how it happens. Every time I see a nice UA polo on there for £20 it's hard to resist clicking the button.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just been through all my golf gear.

17 Under Armour polos

9 dozen boxed brand new ProV1's

9 pairs of shoes

Do I need therapy or am I perfectly normal?

I’m currently at

Around 40 polo shirts - mainly FJ or Peter Miller

Add in another 20 mid layers

4 jackets

5 padded Gillets and about another 8 vests

Prob around 12 pairs of trousers and then around 8 pairs of shorts

Just the 5 boxes of Pro Vs for me

Shoes - think it’s 12 pairs , 5 for winter and 7 for summer

Yeah I like golf stuff 😂

Also have just got rid of around 10 polos and 5 mid layers

C7usk

Visit site
I thought I had too much golf stuff... But some of you have taken things a bit too far. Lol.... 12 pairs of golf shoes... Rofl... What the hell dude... And 40 polo shirts..... 🤯 😱 🤯

Alan Clifford

Visit site
My shirts are mainly from Virgin Swingers. One a season for several years then 3 at each of the four finals I got to. One I didn't like the colour of so it became shoe rags and I gave one of the final shirts to my caddy in Sun City. Loads of balls from Virgin Swingers and Linksnet. And I bought some Chrome soft with the european flag on to play in Team Europe. And had to buy some with St.George's flag on because I wanted to.
Last year's model of shoe at the Footjoy website going cheap. Liked them, so bought two more pairs. And a pair a skechers from Linksnet. Played in a pair of my older shoes today.

The goody bag at the Virgin Gleneagles final included a Proquip waterproof. It kept me dry in Scotland. It was black so to colour coordinate, I recently bought a red version and a blue version.

D

Deleted member 31467

County Golf is how it happens. Every time I see a nice UA polo on there for £20 it's hard to resist clicking the button.
This is my excuse also and I'm sticking to it!!!

To clarify......I have lots of other polos but definitely a UA fetish. A few UA midlayers too. 4 pairs of waterproof trousers, 3 jackets.

And yes JamesR I do have trousers :ROFLMAO: