I bought today.....

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you had Mizuno shoes before ?
what is the sizing like and how much arch support is there ?
Yeah, got the Nexlite, had then for years. Comfiest shoes I own. Size is spot on. Arch support seems fine, never have any issues after a round.

Mizuno are quite renowned for their running shoes and I understand a lot of that technology goes in go the golf shoes.

5OTT

Visit site
My game is struggling more and more as I try to stick with my fitted irons - Ping i230's with 72g carbon shafts, 2 degree upright, so went and tried a few off the shelf options over the last week and today bagged a reasonably priced new set of Wilson Dynapower forged, 5-PW.

Stronger lofts (evening out across the set, ending with a 44 degree PW) and more forgiveness, with steel KBS Tour Lite 95 gram reg shaft.

May struggle gapping into wedges with what I have - 50/54/58 with lie and shafts to match the Ping iron set, but that's the next step if the Wilsons help me get to wedge range.
Similar myself, I bought some P790'S last year as I could get a good deal on them, i have tried and tried but just don't seem to get on with them. Going back to my Srixon 765 irons but have been looking at the Wilson Dynapower as well.

Teebs

Visit site
My game is struggling more and more as I try to stick with my fitted irons - Ping i230's with 72g carbon shafts, 2 degree upright, so went and tried a few off the shelf options over the last week and today bagged a reasonably priced new set of Wilson Dynapower forged, 5-PW.

Stronger lofts (evening out across the set, ending with a 44 degree PW) and more forgiveness, with steel KBS Tour Lite 95 gram reg shaft.

May struggle gapping into wedges with what I have - 50/54/58 with lie and shafts to match the Ping iron set, but that's the next step if the Wilsons help me get to wedge range.

Seems like a big departure from the fitted i230s, who did the fitting?

Burnsey

Visit site
Seems like a big departure from the fitted i230s, who did the fitting?

Club pro, but I am quite persuasive with what I want to buy 🤣

To be fair, I'm playing only once per week and really need regular lessons, so I'm taking a step back with 'easier' irons until that time arrives and can justify trying to get my handicap down as intended.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gone for the same I have in some FJ Prems, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
Some Footjoy shoes have a very narrow toe box others have a full rounded toe box.
There’s a full explanation on Footjoy.com.

I can’t wear Pro XL because they have a narrow toe box even the wide fit ones.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah, Adidas and FJ have been opposite ends of the spectrum for me. Most shoes I'm a 9.5 or 10, in Adidas I used to have get 10.5 and in FJ I'm a 9!
Have never found an adidas golf shoe to fit properly. I'm an 8 and even a 9 is tight yet I can wear trainers, football boots (back in the day) all comfortably. FJ's out of the box as an 8 and very rarely have any issues

Burnsey

Visit site
Wilson's arrived and they're a winner on looks alone. Let's see if I can hit them.

First time using GCFC and they are new, wrapped in cellophane, with all labels, but no manufacturer box and over a hundred quid below a new set. Ordered Saturday evening, delivered today.