I bought today.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf trip to Portugal in Feb next year for my 40th all booked in.

Amondoeira Golf resort; 3 nights B&B, unlimited golf, buggies, transfers and flights all for £560 each.

Can't wait!

Been there twice, great resort. We often get a taxi into the main town where the nights can get a little more lively. A taxi is €30 from memory. Had my stag do there last march… memory is still blurry

Enjoy!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Been there twice, great resort. We often get a taxi into the main town where the nights can get a little more lively. A taxi is €30 from memory. Had my stag do there last march… memory is still blurry

Enjoy!
Yes, you mentioned it at Princes and it sounded perfect for what I was looking for.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazon basics travel bag, and a pole protector thing … ironically it looks like I may not have time to play due to business meetings running past 17:00.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Amazon basics travel bag, and a pole protector thing … ironically it looks like I may not have time to play due to business meetings running past 17:00.
I use two pieces of wood a tad longer than my driver. Then I cover the heads with a strong cardbox box (wine box). You sometimes see dents in the box even if the cover isn't ripped.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A pair of Goodr sunglasses. I've never found a pair of sunglasses that didn't make the ground look curved, rendering them useless for golf, but maybe these will finally be the ones!

peld

Visit site
What will the weather be like in Nov?

Like others I'm looking to book for next year. Finding it annoying with the call backs etc with a certain 2 golf travel companies. Some of the lads go in May every year but was looking at later in the year from September onwards
last two years its been perfect. Early morning you may need a light zip top but then its shorts and t-shirt. Need something a bit warmer in the evenings but its been fantastic for the last two years.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice new pair of 24 360 tour boost shoes. Was gutted when the dropped them in 22 and threw my white ones out last winter, so thought it rude not to now the suns out.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Purchased several grades of sand paper to work on my Taylormade Rossa Ghost putter that had done a session in my Dad’s bag and looked very tired.
Last night I dremelled ( a new word for the Oxford Dictionary.. to dremel , dremelling and dremelled.. irrespective of the end you have in it) out all the dings and stripped it back.
So I have some grey primer, and a nice silver shade plus a metallic blue touch up pen to paint fill the lettering.
I will see how I go and then purchase a cool headcover and possibly add into the bag.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Purchased several grades of sand paper to work on my Taylormade Rossa Ghost putter that had done a session in my Dad’s bag and looked very tired.
Last night I dremelled ( a new word for the Oxford Dictionary.. to dremel , dremelling and dremelled.. irrespective of the end you have in it) out all the dings and stripped it back.
So I have some grey primer, and a nice silver shade plus a metallic blue touch up pen to paint fill the lettering.
I will see how I go and then purchase a cool headcover and possibly add into the bag.
Hope you've got it approved by the chappies who approve these things.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Mizuno Pro 243 irons with NS Pro Modus 105 regular shafts, following an amazing fitting from Tom at Precision Golf. Brilliant service and really excellent run through of the stats and the technical data, aligned with a brilliant swing tip that proved to be incredibly simple but effective.
My swing has changed a fair bit in the last 4 years, and so now the old ones that were sorting problems are now causing them.
Old irons were 2° upright, new irons are 1° flat.
Old shafts are 110g stiff and new shafts are 105g regular.
Old irons swingweights were all over the place and goes to show that the permitted OEM tolerances should really be tighter! The new ones will be built by Precision Golf and all swingweights will be checked and double checked.
5 to 6 weeks wait.
And they cost around £250 more than buying from most of the major retailers, but I'm willing to pay that given I'm getting exactly what I've ordered and built to exact tolerances and shafts are pured to boot.
Tom also had the workshop grind out and polish a couple of major dings on the soles on my 4 iron and GW and SW wedges for free during the fitting, which was great customer service!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mizuno Pro 243 irons with NS Pro Modus 105 regular shafts, following an amazing fitting from Tom at Precision Golf. Brilliant service and really excellent run through of the stats and the technical data, aligned with a brilliant swing tip that proved to be incredibly simple but effective.
My swing has changed a fair bit in the last 4 years, and so now the old ones that were sorting problems are now causing them.
Old irons were 2° upright, new irons are 1° flat.
Old shafts are 110g stiff and new shafts are 105g regular.
Old irons swingweights were all over the place and goes to show that the permitted OEM tolerances should really be tighter! The new ones will be built by Precision Golf and all swingweights will be checked and double checked.
5 to 6 weeks wait.
And they cost around £250 more than buying from most of the major retailers, but I'm willing to pay that given I'm getting exactly what I've ordered and built to exact tolerances and shafts are pured to boot.
Tom also had the workshop grind out and polish a couple of major dings on the soles on my 4 iron and GW and SW wedges for free during the fitting, which was great customer service!

Just need to work on your swing tolerances now! 😁

Burnsey

Visit site
My game is struggling more and more as I try to stick with my fitted irons - Ping i230's with 72g carbon shafts, 2 degree upright, so went and tried a few off the shelf options over the last week and today bagged a reasonably priced new set of Wilson Dynapower forged, 5-PW.

Stronger lofts (evening out across the set, ending with a 44 degree PW) and more forgiveness, with steel KBS Tour Lite 95 gram reg shaft.

May struggle gapping into wedges with what I have - 50/54/58 with lie and shafts to match the Ping iron set, but that's the next step if the Wilsons help me get to wedge range.