I bought today.....

timd77

Assistant Pro
Bought a few red tops from golfbase. I don’t really like wearing red but club colours for matches is red, so I’ve bought a few to choose from, will keep 1 and send the others back. Didn’t realise that they do free returns no questions asked, which is great because I’m always a bit worried about sizing buying online. Will buy off them again if all goes well. Prices were good, not ‘county golf’ good, but decent nonetheless!

Voyager EMH

I think I was as lucky as @need_my_wedge from (https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/i-bought-today.97925/post-2528089) as I managed to snaffle from ebay a whole set of irons for about the same price as that Bettinardi putter. I'm not being snotty - I like that putter.

They arrived yesterday.

soles.jpg

backs.jpg

grips.jpg

21st century, but only just. Don't believe they were ever retailed outside USA, but I could be wrong. Company was set up in 1990s, but no longer trading, I believe. So they are something of a rarity over here. The company made retro-looking clubs including persimmon woods. Now then, if I could get my hands on a set of those...

Last edited:

Smoj

A callaway weather series softshell jacket with a pocket towel. (couldnt find the model of the jacket online, but looks decent enough)
a golf pride pro only red star putter grip (decided a super stroke 5.0 wasnt for me)
a lott of 40 cheap balls of eBay

Two dozen "Polara" anti-slice golf balls on Amazon.
£49.83 a dozen, cheaper than lessons with a pro, and guaranteed to stop me slicing.
Should be here tomorrow, which is good, as I'm playing in a medal on Sunday.
👍👍👍
Not with those balls you're not...
Are Polara Golf Balls Legal? Polara golf balls are banned by the USGA and R&A are designated for recreational golfers. Polara golf balls are not for tournament play and will quickly have you disqualified from any official play.
:LOL:

Damn 😳😳😳😳
It was too late to cancel them
I'd better keep quiet about them.
I'll declare a Callaway or Titleist on the 1st and just hope I'm hitting it fairly straight
🥺🥺🥺🥺
On the plus side, if they've taken the step of making them illegal then that suggests they actually work! :LOL:

I had a perticulaly 'rough' round out on the course today, so I had to get some more golf balls - 40 Nike balls for £11, eBay...That should cover me for the rest of the week ;)
also a cheap 'Papasbox' Rangefinder