I bought today.....

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a few red tops from golfbase. I don’t really like wearing red but club colours for matches is red, so I’ve bought a few to choose from, will keep 1 and send the others back. Didn’t realise that they do free returns no questions asked, which is great because I’m always a bit worried about sizing buying online. Will buy off them again if all goes well. Prices were good, not ‘county golf’ good, but decent nonetheless!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think I was as lucky as @need_my_wedge from (https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/i-bought-today.97925/post-2528089) as I managed to snaffle from ebay a whole set of irons for about the same price as that Bettinardi putter. I'm not being snotty - I like that putter.

They arrived yesterday.

soles.jpg

backs.jpg

grips.jpg

21st century, but only just. Don't believe they were ever retailed outside USA, but I could be wrong. Company was set up in 1990s, but no longer trading, I believe. So they are something of a rarity over here. The company made retro-looking clubs including persimmon woods. Now then, if I could get my hands on a set of those...

Last edited:

Smoj

Visit site
A callaway weather series softshell jacket with a pocket towel. (couldnt find the model of the jacket online, but looks decent enough)
a golf pride pro only red star putter grip (decided a super stroke 5.0 wasnt for me)
a lott of 40 cheap balls of eBay

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Two dozen "Polara" anti-slice golf balls on Amazon.
£49.83 a dozen, cheaper than lessons with a pro, and guaranteed to stop me slicing.
Should be here tomorrow, which is good, as I'm playing in a medal on Sunday.
???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two dozen "Polara" anti-slice golf balls on Amazon.
£49.83 a dozen, cheaper than lessons with a pro, and guaranteed to stop me slicing.
Should be here tomorrow, which is good, as I'm playing in a medal on Sunday.
???
Not with those balls you're not...
Are Polara Golf Balls Legal? Polara golf balls are banned by the USGA and R&A are designated for recreational golfers. Polara golf balls are not for tournament play and will quickly have you disqualified from any official play.
:LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Damn ????
It was too late to cancel them
I'd better keep quiet about them.
I'll declare a Callaway or Titleist on the 1st and just hope I'm hitting it fairly straight
????
On the plus side, if they've taken the step of making them illegal then that suggests they actually work! :LOL:

Smoj

Visit site
I had a perticulaly 'rough' round out on the course today, so I had to get some more golf balls - 40 Nike balls for £11, eBay...That should cover me for the rest of the week ;)
also a cheap 'Papasbox' Rangefinder

Teebs

Visit site
Callaway triple track balls to help with alignment.

They don't help, at all! Although putting Is much improved after a small lesson and a new flat stick..