How much

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Football is decided by iffy ref decisions so often I gave up expecting a fair outcome in any match ages ago ;)

I watch football rarely these days. With so much money and obvious relegation/promotion consequences it's time for the game to get real. A ref can only do what a ref can do. I never blame the ref, but I do think certain decisions ought to be retrospectively looked at.
In the case of a penalty, there needs to be a "third umpire" and players getting red cards, found innocent, should have the card publicly rescinded. Vice versa, players who got away with something cynical/pro foul during a game, should be punished.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rooney was going away from goal, chipped it into row z, was brought down, penalty. Under current rules, the correct decision. Stupid, yes, but by the rules.

Carrick, 3 cynical fouls in the first 5 minutes, nothing, Song, one foul, yellow. Balanced referee, no. not even close.

9 yellows, 6 Arse, 3 Utd. Not a fair reflection, esp Sagna, as he was right. Ref was defo intimidated refing Utd at home.

What was that rubbish about sending Wenger off in the 6th minuteof extra time? Pointless. Utterly. Managers have insulted the ref and got less. Kicking a plastic bottle. Pathetic. Players insult the ref every 5 minutes. Nothing. Suddenly kicking a bottle is a massive crime. Where is Platini now?

Thepro098

Visit site
Rooney should have been sent of for swiping
At diaby because he wasn't going for the ball
At all he just wanted to get the man not the
Ball the cheating little thug.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Apart from the ban then, for a red card.

What about the United fans singing the paedophile song then? Nothing? Thats usual at old trafford. Never mentioned in the press that one.

Sorry re above post, not Carrick, but Fletcher, cheating git (oops, model professional, he's not foreign, just scottish).

Rooneys dive was just techically better than Eduardo's. He has more practice. Went down well before the contact.

Still no mention in the media about Ashley Young. Diver?

The ref? A disgrace, especially if Hackett has to apologise. Must be bad.

Bitter? No. Wait til the end of the season, see who has the last laugh. This rubbish will make Arsenal stronger.

Oh, and Eboue? a disgrace.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah the seasons only 3-4 games old an evereyone's against Arsenal already. Thay bring it all on themselves with there antics and Arsne "i never saw that "Wegner ,the game against Celtic any time a tacle went in they were down with a hole in there tights bunch of saps its a mans game.
IMHO they get what they deserve , they are the best footballing side by a mile but they need to cut out the diving feigning injury nonsense and get on with playing they might win something then.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think there is now a certain reputation surrounding Arsenal that I think incorrectly has permuated through to officials who it seems are less likely to give them penalites or free kicks than other sides.

I don't think the players or Wenger help the situation but until Wenger comes out and says his player was in the wrong this sense of persecution will remain. I think the legacy for diving will be hard to remove for many seasons to come

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah the seasons only 3-4 games old an evereyone's against Arsenal already. Thay bring it all on themselves with there antics and Arsne "i never saw that "Wegner ,the game against Celtic any time a tacle went in they were down with a hole in there tights bunch of saps its a mans game.
IMHO they get what they deserve , they are the best footballing side by a mile but they need to cut out the diving feigning injury nonsense and get on with playing they might win something then.

So whats your view on McGeadys dive this weekend ??

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Question is, are UEFA going to look at Rooney, Mcgeady, Ashley Young, to name but a few. No, they are going to hammer Eduardo.

Are they going to look at the 20 fouls made by Fletcher, no. The tackle in the box by Carrick, which did not only not get any of the ball, but also then lead to a deliberate hand ball, no.

Why did Sky not repeat in slow mo the penalty incident with RVP? Because it was one? and they didn't want to show it.

3 games in, and I am already hacked off with poor refereeing, and junk biased coverage from Sky.

Utd will win the title, because the media and the refs want them to.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Murph As the Champions league game comes under UEFA they can investigate the case--they cant investigate a game in the premier league.
Its simple--Eduardo dived, Eboube dived, a really stupid decision given the week that was in it. Having seen McGeadys incident i believe the ref was correct--McGeady dived.
Rooney made the most of the situation but when a keeper flies off his line and puts his hands across the path of a forward he is making it easy for the ref.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The cheating has been going on for long before the influx of foreigners though that did seem to raise it to new levels. Old style 'British' football may have had less sophisticated cheating but it made up for it in outright thuggery.

My dad was a semi-pro (couldn't afford to turn pro despite a couple of offers), he was a very, very fast winger. The old pros he was up against didn't like it when some new kid showed them up so they broke his foot.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the 2nd half of the Crystal Palace game yesterday. Great to watch, FOOTBALL being played. None of this falling down whenever someone got the ball of the player. I thought the Ref did very well as the game was getting over heated. He did send a guy off for 2nd yellow card. But in all a far more enjoyable game to watch, Thats because both teams played FOOTBALL well done both teams

No diving there

Robokolo

Club Champion
Visit site
Rooney was going away from goal, chipped it into row z, was brought down, penalty. Under current rules, the correct decision. Stupid, yes, but by the rules.

Carrick, 3 cynical fouls in the first 5 minutes, nothing, Song, one foul, yellow. Balanced referee, no. not even close.

9 yellows, 6 Arse, 3 Utd. Not a fair reflection, esp Sagna, as he was right. Ref was defo intimidated refing Utd at home.

What was that rubbish about sending Wenger off in the 6th minuteof extra time? Pointless. Utterly. Managers have insulted the ref and got less. Kicking a plastic bottle. Pathetic. Players insult the ref every 5 minutes. Nothing. Suddenly kicking a bottle is a massive crime. Where is Platini now?

As i support arsenal murph my friend you are completely right in everyone of those claims.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its funny how when theres a dodgy decision in a United match everybody jumps on the bandwagon complaining about referee bias, or when United lose everyone wants to laugh at Fergies expense, yet no mention of the worst decision of the weekend involving the media darlings, Liverpool.

The Bolton player was sent off for absolutely nothing, add to that the actions of the Liverpool players asking the ref to send the player off and the fact that Bolton were robbed of probably at least a point because of it.

Also they happen to be managed by the biggest moaning git involved in football, who have also lost more games than United already this season. But hey dont let the truth get in the way of having a go at United/Fergie.

P.S. I also believe Arsenal were robbed against United