How much

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
do Man utd pay referee's. that game today was awfull. the ref spoilt it. If thats what it take's to win a cup I as an Arsenal supporter wouldn't want it. From the minute he gave the penalty that was the game over. Totaly shocking. Was the ball going towards the goal. NO. If utd supporters enjoyed that, I hope thay can sleep tonight. Thats me finished watching football. It's all about how to cheat the ref, I know Arsenal did it against Celtic, but that game was never in doubt. Why dont they just give the skum the trophy now and we can all go on holiday. The other teams are playing for 2nd, UTD/SKUM have the ref's in their pockets.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was a foul by Almunia...perhaps you should vent your anger at him taking Rooney out when the ball was going out of play? Oh and the ref had nothing to do with 1 of your own players scoring Utd's winner either.

Unlike a gooner to be ungracious in defeat........

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be fair I thought Arsenal should have been 2-0 up but for a great/flukey save depending on your viewpoint. As a former keeper I'm in the great save camp - goalkeepers union.

I have to say I thought live it looked harsh but in the replay Almunia definitely makes contact and the player took advantage. The second goal killed you and as it was an OG theres not a lot you can argue about. I actually thought the ref did ok and was sensible with the bookings, controlled it wellenough and tried to let play go on where possible

I'm not United's biggest fans and enjoy watching Arsenal (tough to write as a Fulham fan) but I don't think as a neutral there could be many complaints on the result

Chrimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
I have to say I thought live it looked harsh but in the replay Almunia definitely makes contact and the player took advantage.

Isn't that cheating as he has deceived the referee? You can't have one rule for one set of players and another for the rest of them. Anyway Rooney should have been sent of for that tackle by Diaby, still that's not going to happen is it as he is the FA's 'golden boy'.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Doesn't all of the above just prove that Top-Flight football these days is littered with posers, cheats, deceivers, bigots and petulant idiots?

You get players that cheat, you get refs that can't see, you get managers that can't accept things and they all get paid a King's ransom for it?

Complete waste of time, money and effort.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes Imurg, thats me finished watching football. I was ashamed of Arsenal on Wednesday night because of that penalty. I totally peefed off today because of that Ref yesterday. Everytime he blew his whistle it was in utd's favor. A bit like when Tiger's playing in a major everything goes his way.
If cheating is the way to win, I'd rather lose.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Losing is tough, that's why I wouldn't post whilst I'm still feeling the pain.

But in modern football, until the FA do something about, the aim for ANY forward in the box is to get the keeper on the floor and 'fall' over him - same rules for everyone.

But the shame is that we let that setback dictate the rest of the game. We'd been so comfortable up to then, why the sudden collapse ? Diaby is better than that. But shhhh, it happens.

That one game won't settle the title, it's winning against Stoke etc that'll be important. Anyone can lose away at Utd and Chelsea. As long as it's only a couple of games, the title is still up for grabs.

If we'd been 3 up before the penalty, like we should, we'd all be saying how average this Utd team look. And the result is affected by the width of the crossbar. So many positives, so unlucky at times.

Fergy's starting selection was flawed. Maybe he's getting too old for the job. It didn't cost them this time, but it will. It will.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That ref has handed out 10 yellow cards to Arsenal players in 2 games against utd, he has only give 2 out to utd players. Does that tell you anything!

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That ref has handed out 10 yellow cards to Arsenal players in 2 games against utd, he has only give 2 out to utd players. Does that tell you anything!

If that's the logic then all refs are corrupt,seeing how many red cards you've had in the last 10 years or so. 70 odd isn't it?

Almunia made contact with Rooney. He knew the consequences when he went rushing out flapping his arms about. If Diaby hadn't stuck the ball in his own net & you had gone up the other end instead to make it 2-1 to the Arse,you wouldn't be on here claiming you'll never watch football again.

Sour grapes.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could you imagine Rooney getting tore into soeone like Gerrard or Lampard after a game, of course not. The ref is the blame hound and the playrs are too chickn to tell the truth and openly criticize each other. I remember the ref getting peltrs when Rooney took a dive to end Arsenals unbeaten run and Sol Campbell blamed the ref for being conned. If his granny was conned by a door to door saesman would he bame his granny,no, he would blame the con man so lets start baming the cheats and not the poor sod who has been made to look foolish.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rooney knew what he was doing last night when he went for that ball, he left his legs there so it looked as if the keeper pulled him down, cheat in my book. If it had of been the middle of pitch he'd of jumped over the other player. What about the swipe he took at 1 of the Arsenal players. He got booked so what if he's of caught the player, the player was in trouble. I think Rooney is a THUG, but he gets away with things like this. He's got the type of face you'd never tire of slapping.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before criticising the ref or another team or player you have to be whiter than white yourself.

All players attempt to gain an advantage. If the ref gives it, he gives it. Just get on with it.

Most referee's give "home"decisions. Arsenal get their fair share.
Chelsea get more than most.
Diving/conning crept into our game with the influx of foreigners.
The only way to stamp it out if the referee doesn't see it is to let a panel judge all dubious decions/cheating. Hand out bans and it will stop.

Incidently, the worst act from a player this weekend was Lucas at Liverpool. He got Davis sent off for what I saw as an accidental contact.
I hate players fronting up to refs to try and get oppo's sent off

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Football is decided by iffy ref decisions so often I gave up expecting a fair outcome in any match ages ago. But to be fair I think the refs do the best job they can given that they are only allowed 19th century technology - a whistle, two cards and ear plugs(you didn't think it was a radio did you?) ;)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
The Premier League is full of cheats, divers, fraudsters and overpaid prima donnas.

That's one of the reasons I watch and support the lower league football. It's good old proper football as it used to be played (to a certain extent)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It has been going on for years. I saw an old Big Match (ITV's highlight show on Sunday lunchtimes in the 70' nd 80's for anyone too young to remember) from the 1972 and Allan Clarke did the same thing for Leeds. Remember Jens Lehman getting sent off in the Champions League final for the same thing. If a keeper comes out now and doesn't get the ball, that is to say the referee can clearly see it change direction and not necessarily just a touch (not what the laws state but the way the officials seem to handle these decisions) then they seem destined to give a penalty. The only issue after that is whether it is a red or yellow card. To be fair with Rooney going away from goal the ref made the right call and only booke Almunia