VAR - Thoughts

Diamond

Visit site
I first came across this live when I watched City v Spurs in last years Champions league. Because it was the first domestic incident and against City everyone Thought it was funny. That’s fine but it spoils the game when you watch it live. Again first game of the season spurs again and VAR again. Faceless person sat in a data centre many many miles away. UEFA are bent, refs are bent, the media are bent, social media is full for trolls. I am done with football it’s shite.
Now the bent refs, delay in the matches and sheer incompetence of it all means all fans are upset. What took you so long.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Var is ruining football.

Other things that have ruined football include substitutes, the back pass law, television coverage, numbers on shirts, three points for a win, stadium announcers, foreign fans, not having any fans, overrated English players, foreign players, not having oranges at half time, foul throws, indirect free kicks, too much money in the game, the media and not having any money in the game.

But yes. Var is ruining the game.

:)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The thing that has failed with VAR is the original phrase that was bandied about when VAR was introduced that it would clear up "clear and obvious errors by the on pitch officials".

It seemed to have been dropped like a hot stone pretty much immediately and instead VAR has been used to determine if a players big toe extends beyond the defenders ear.

The VAR folks should not be making the end decision. They should review it once or twice, taking 15 seconds at the most (if it takes longer than that then it plainly wasn't a clear and obvious error!!), and if they feel that the ref needs to reconsider his on-pitch decision they tell him to do so and he goes and looks at the pitch side monitor, if the ref feels like the mistake is pretty obvious then he corrects his onfield decision, not the folks in Stockley Park.....Thats pretty much how it worked at the World Cup and in general it worked pretty well.