How much would you pay.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Assume you mean $400!

When I was there I looked into playing but I couldn't justify the green fees, all 3 courses crazy prices and none of them are on my bucket list.

No, it was definitely $4,000 that the girl quoted. We had to ask twice to confirm we heard her correctly :eek:

D

Deleted member 1147

I would pay plenty to play a dream course; I couldn’t put a figure on it, but if given a chance to play Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Royal Melbourne, NGLoA etc I would snap your hand off without asking how much!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you can afford all these luxury foreign holidays you can afford a couple of hundred dollars for a round of golf.
There nice holidays Dave but Luxury, well not far off but if you are prepared to surf the net there are good deals out there. It helps I dont drink loads nor smoke otherwise it's me bros van in mablethorpe. Which I do use as well ?
Thing is I am lucky and 2 weeks in march aint exactly peak weeks In the UK or Mexico which means a decent holiday. Feel.sorry for the poor sods that have to go skool holidays time and have to pay through the nose.
Me golf like me holidays have a price limit.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Perhaps we should crowdfund Tash to pay a local to film him - then he can stream it with clawback via Forum PPV

it could be an interesting distraction in these difficult times - though it may not be pretty :)
It would be more Interesting if you crowdfunded a bottle of tequila. ?

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Was at Sandy Lane, Barbados last month and they wanted $4,000 dollars to play the Green Monkey course but you could only play it if you were staying in the hotel and that was about $2,000 a night. You can't even buy anything in the clubhouse with a Green Monkey motif on unless you are staying in the hotel. Decided to give it a miss.

I played the standard course at Sandy Lane when I was over there. Did you get to play anywhere else? Royal westmoreland and Apes Hill were enjoyable courses

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think there's another course just up the road from El Tigre towards Bucerias, I worked it out as about $70 with club hire included. I didn't play though, too busy sampling the tequila ?
Boom,Flamingo GC think ave found it $70 bucks after 1 pm. Now I have a choice of rbz, m2 or m6 clubs. Er what are them. Any advice. Oh ah there $50_60 bucks.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Siolag

Visit site
At the moment, I wouldn't be paying much more than £100. When I get to low 20s and then into the teens, I will be happy to spend several times that for a round a few times a year. I would like to play all of the Open courses in time, and there are a good few outside that I want to try and play as well.

As has already been mentioned, this is all relative to how much income you have. My fiancé also plays, which helps matters, as its not just me spending money with her sitting about.

sunshine

Visit site
At the moment, I wouldn't be paying much more than £100. When I get to low 20s and then into the teens, I will be happy to spend several times that for a round a few times a year. I would like to play all of the Open courses in time, and there are a good few outside that I want to try and play as well.

As has already been mentioned, this is all relative to how much income you have. My fiancé also plays, which helps matters, as its not just me spending money with her sitting about.

It's great your fiancé plays. I've always thought golf would be nice to play as a couple. Is he a similar standard to you or has he been playing for longer?

Siolag

Visit site
It's great your fiancé plays. I've always thought golf would be nice to play as a couple. Is he a similar standard to you or has he been playing for longer?

Its a she :). Im off 32 and she is off 37, but there's very little between us! We have played matchplay a few times recently and its been a draw. In time, I expect she will end up better than me as she played tennis to a very high standard when she was younger and has a general knack for sport. Its great playing with her, and we are both members of the same club, so evening golf is great for a post work stroll.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played the standard course at Sandy Lane when I was over there. Did you get to play anywhere else? Royal westmoreland and Apes Hill were enjoyable courses
The only course on Barbados we managed to play was Barbados Golf Club. Not a bad course but not as high end as SL and RW, and Titleist hire clubs as well.

Also played Cedar Valley GC on Antigua but would not recommend that although it was quite cheap.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The only course on Barbados we managed to play was Barbados Golf Club. Not a bad course but not as high end as SL and RW, and Titleist hire clubs as well.

Also played Cedar Valley GC on Antigua but would not recommend that although it was quite cheap.

I liked it, and I liked the back 9 going 3,4,5,3,4,5,3,4,5.

sunshine

Visit site
Its a she :). Im off 32 and she is off 37, but there's very little between us! We have played matchplay a few times recently and its been a draw. In time, I expect she will end up better than me as she played tennis to a very high standard when she was younger and has a general knack for sport. Its great playing with her, and we are both members of the same club, so evening golf is great for a post work stroll.

Sorry, you type fiancé not fiancée, and I didn't want to make any assumptions in this day and age!

I think it's great that you can go away on golf trips together. My wife is quite sporty but despises golf. A friend of mine took up golf because her boyfriend played and now she's really into it - a weekend away for them usually means a mini golf break, they even played on their honeymoon.

On the other hand, not sure I could handle it if my wife beat me at golf. Would never hear the end of it :ROFLMAO:

Siolag

Visit site
Sorry, you type fiancé not fiancée, and I didn't want to make any assumptions in this day and age!

I think it's great that you can go away on golf trips together. My wife is quite sporty but despises golf. A friend of mine took up golf because her boyfriend played and now she's really into it - a weekend away for them usually means a mini golf break, they even played on their honeymoon.

On the other hand, not sure I could handle it if my wife beat me at golf. Would never hear the end of it :ROFLMAO:

Haha, I always get that wrong!

She is 100% the sporty one in the couple. I can run faster, but thats about it. She also loves a nice hotel, and lots of the nice courses have them attached! We get married in St. Andrews this year so anniversaries have the potential for loads of golf trips, starting with The Open next year.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
The way I see it few people will ever play rugby at Twickenham, Football at Wembley or tennis at Wimbledon, BUT as golfers we can play the vast majority of the top tournament courses so I consider that we are very lucky, yes its going to cost a bit more but these are memories that will live for ever, can I remember what I shot around St Andrews and the good shots played, yes I can, can I remember the Groupon twilight around Duffers Heath ???