How many clubs...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had 13 in my bag for ages, but I just recently chucked the 5 wood back in after it failed to sell on Ebay. I rarely ever use it, but I figured might as well have it in the bag just in case since I don't have anything else to put it there. Rather than it gathering dust in the cupboard.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always have 14, but will swap a few about depending on where I'm playing and conditions. Was brought up on a half set when I started as that was all I could afford but these days I'd rather have the choice of a full bag for each shot depending on the situation (lie etc)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to be 12 but I have found I can hit the 5 & 6 iron in my new set so I have dropped a hybrid and added those 2 to make it 13. I wont go to 14 for the sake of it, I just carry what I need.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Just realised I had 13 clubs in my bag until I invested in a 19 degree hybrid! No wonder I was getting no luck at all! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

D

Deleted member 21258

I have 14, why not carry the max you can I suppose is my way of thinking. Wife doesn't carry many as she swings fairly slow, which means a lot go a similar distance.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
12 just now, could prob drop one from the pair of hybrids and get to 11 but CDO wont let me (& I'd love to get rid of the 'rock club' too but its just essential sometimes to prevent damage to the shiny ones)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Whilst there is a carry only policy at my club I drop out the 3 wood and 4 iron to save a bit of weight, also only carry 5 balls!

Once I'm back on electric trolley I'll be back up to 14 clubs and all sort of other sh**e in my bag haha

Wolf

Visit site
13 at the moment I have room in the bag for a club to sit between my 3 wood and 4H, though haven't filled the gap yet as haven't decided on what to put in, I have got my eye on on a 2/3H cobra on sale at the club that I may have to try out

OLgolfer

Visit site
Depends which bag and conditions. Trolley and cart bag I’ll go with the full 14. Normal stand bag I’ll go 12 or 13. Sunday bag I’ll go my half set of 8

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
14 except for the last 2 rounds when I forgot I had left the 52W in the locker.

I occasionally go out on our 9 hole (par 34) with just two clubs, 5/6 and a wedge, and it amazing what you can score. Personal best with these two only (and not even a putter) is 2 over gross.

D

Deleted member 23344

I have 14 clubs in my bag and use an electric trolley. Last winter I turned up at the course to discover that it was “no trolleys” due to the conditions, so I carried 5 clubs in my hand for 9 holes ... and equalled my best first 9 of the season. So did I reduce the number of clubs in my bag? No, can’t bring myself to.