How many balls do you start a round of golf with?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I use a trolley, so weight not a factor, so many balls in the pocket of the bag.
If I lost them all, in one round, I'd join the bowls section?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd estimate about a dozen or so. The number doesn't change a lot as I don't tend to lose a lot, nor find too many. I carry less in my carry bag than cart bag purely for weight reasons.
When I used to collect my late brother and his bag from his home I always said how heavy it was. He said he emptied it one day and found 64 balls in the bag in total! I know he was a bit errant with his shots but ...............

D

Deleted member 21258

When I changed my bag, think I had 90 something. New bag has a smaller pocket so probably from 30 to 70.

Have been know to lose 1-6 balls during a bad round.:(

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I changed my bag, think I had 90 something. New bag has a smaller pocket so probably from 30 to 70.

Have been know to lose 1-6 balls during a bad round.:(
I think this deserves one of those footjoy coffee mugs that were going around a while back. I applaud this number ??. I'm pleased I've found someone even more paranoid than me.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Usually 6, could be less but no more unless I’ve bought some at the shop.
If I lose them, I should do everyone a favour and go home! If I’d lost three I’ve probably scrubbed the card anyway.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
2 or 3 sleeves plus the one sleeve I am playing, 7 to 9 balls.
I also have a handful of ransoms in the bag, just in case. And if I find a premium ball I play that (until the stream crossing)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
6 of the balls I play with normally (pearl/A lake balls I buy in bulk when needed) and a few decent provisionals (and some yellow/orange in winter), so anywhere between about 10 and 20. I normally use an electric trolley, but if I carry I'd just have 6.