How long would you wait.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I remember having a lesson a couple of years ago. The pro saw me hit a few balls and identified 5 faults. "Don't worry though, I'll give you one fix and that will solve most of them".

In effect I'd developed an initial fault. To rectify that I'd started doing something else. That created another issue which I'd attempted to resolve, consciously or not, by doing another tweak that caused another problem. Can you see where this is going? On and on it went.

The pro solved fault number 1 and the domino effect of that was that the adaptations I'd made to compensate also disappeared.

The moral, go to the pro. They know what they are doing, they will clear the fog.

That is exactly how I fell at the moment, a domino effect of problems. ☹️👍

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When I got fitted for me driver driver, most of my shots had a baby fade. The new driver had a bit more distance, better dispertion, but still a baby fade. The pro who fitted said, we can do one of two things. Tuck your right elbow in more on the back swing which will help. Or we have to re start your swing from scratch. There's no chance of the later happening. So the repeatable fade looks like being the one.

Without getting to in depth Gary. When I had my lesson. It was explained that the angle of the club hitting the ball is not the same as the angle of the clubhead hitting the ball. 9 times outta 10, I hit the ball coming from out to in with the clubface slightly open which caused the fade. The one time I hit it with the club face square it went like a rocket, but pulled left.
At the moment it going flippin everywhere. Think Mr Luke Allen is getting a call on Tuesday. 👍

For an easy thing to try. When you address the ball. Nudge the grip 1 inch forward to open the face a bit. That should help you keep the face open and produce a fade. Try it at the range.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well just to let you know ave had me lesson today. OMG What a revelation. Tashyboys fade/ slice has gone. Well it did for the lesson. In essence I explained what was going wrong. He gave me three drills to do. Falling on me ass was nearly one of them. The beauty is they are drills I can do at home. In essence keep you arms tucked in but the way it is done helps to harness power. So at the end of the lesson Tashyboy was hitting a ball straight but further. Chuffed to bits I am. He showed me a Peter Cowan video on YouTube which explained the correct coiling of the body. Am not expecting results straight away on the course. But am a very happy bunny after that lesson Cheers Luke Allan at the Pete Cowan Acadamy.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I been battling with irons the last month or so they’re the worst they been for as long as I can remember I don’t know what’s going on I been trying all sorts to sort it out I’ve started shanking everything right (mid/long irons) and just really struggling ,my driving and wedge play are still solid which is mad .
Time to book a lesson I think

Tashyboy

Visit site
I been battling with irons the last month or so they’re the worst they been for as long as I can remember I don’t know what’s going on I been trying all sorts to sort it out I’ve started shanking everything right (mid/long irons) and just really struggling ,my driving and wedge play are still solid which is mad .
Time to book a lesson I think
Carpy, I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I didn't know how to fix it. I knew I had to keep my right elbow tucked in. But if I had to describe it, my left arm has to keep low and straight, which seems to be a Trigger point for body coil and right elbow keeping in. Am positive there's a hell of a lot more to it. But the explaination of what I was doing wrong and how to help fix it seems to of struck a chord. Not expecting a quick fix but, hitting a ball straight helps.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I been to the range tonight trying to sort my iron play out a bit and find a answer lol still low and right high and right on all iron shots the more I try doing to correct it the worse it is I’m puzzled now this has come out of no where all of a sudden a few weeks ago and I can’t shake it off phone call in the morning for a lesson I think.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I been to the range tonight trying to sort my iron play out a bit and find a answer lol still low and right high and right on all iron shots the more I try doing to correct it the worse it is I’m puzzled now this has come out of no where all of a sudden a few weeks ago and I can’t shake it off phone call in the morning for a lesson I think.
in essence carpy ave been bogged off for some time. i tried sorting out my problems myself but there in lay a massive problem. i didn't know what the problem was. four swings and being filmed on an iPhone did a couple of things. 1, it showed me the problem. 2, from this a couple of drills helped to get a far better swing path. which again was filmed. a comparison between the two was staggering.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Or we have to re start your swing from scratch. There's no chance of the later happening.

The one time I hit it with the club face square it went like a rocket, but pulled left.

If you strengthen your grip a touch so the clubface is square to your swingpath and you aimed right, where do you think the ball would go?

Tashyboy

Visit site
If you strengthen your grip a touch so the clubface is square to your swingpath and you aimed right, where do you think the ball would go?

Bob, could you explain how you strengthen your grip. My PPs said last week that my grip looks, well not strong. I had looked at a few videos re grip where in essence you place the palms of your hand together. That's what I do. Yet my PP said my right hand needs turning over.
I wouldn't have a problem with having a stronger grip, but I had a swing path that was always gonna fade/ slice the ball. A strong grip would not of helped my swing path, but it may help my new "swing".

That aside I played today and although my drives were better they were not brilliant, but my irons and 3 woods were fantastic. So much so, Tashyboy was leading Div 3 with 36 points when I left with the overall leader on 37 points. Today's a good day. 😁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
in essence carpy ave been bogged off for some time. i tried sorting out my problems myself but there in lay a massive problem. i didn't know what the problem was. four swings and being filmed on an iPhone did a couple of things. 1, it showed me the problem. 2, from this a couple of drills helped to get a far better swing path. which again was filmed. a comparison between the two was staggering.
And this is why I'm an advocate of getting lessons. While you may fix one thing it usually compromises something else when you self diagnose

Tashyboy

Visit site
[
And this is why I'm an advocate of getting lessons. While you may fix one thing it usually compromises something else when you self diagnose

In essence Homer I went to have my drive swing fixed and it has started to fix my swing, period. I kinda feel I have got a buy one get one free lesson.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
[

In essence Homer I went to have my drive swing fixed and it has started to fix my swing, period. I kinda feel I have got a buy one get one free lesson.
Take your time to work through the drills. Be prepared to go backwards a little but stick with it and once the changes drip into the swing and begin to feel more natural I am sure you'll make forward progress