How long would you wait.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In essence my drives are going everywhere. Nob it 30 yds left and right. Pull it, fade it, slice it. The occasional one down the middle. To be quite frank it's getting on me tits. I know it's not the club, coz when I first got it I was smashing it down the middle. I stand on the tee and just do not have a clue where it's going to go. Ave been to the range today whilst Bradley Tash had a roll up lesson. And I was ok, but it was nowhere near me best. So what do I do, persevere and try to sort it out myself. Or do I go to a guy who I had my lessons with when I first started who now works at the Peter Cowan Acadamy Sheffield/ Rotherham way. Anyone heard owt about them. It's been like this about a month. Rest of me game is fine, but stood on the tee is killing me.

I think but I could be wrong, but I have always had a baby fade, when I bought the driver the pro said " if I tuck my right elbow in, it will help towards stopping the fade". I tried it and ended up topping it like one oh, and it seems am I between two swings. Both of which are Rammel.

Thoughts please me dears, try and sort it meself or lesson.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Know what you mean. A fade or slice is my usual driver result, so I looked at the YouTube golf videos.
The answer seems to be a bowed wrist ( look up " wrists in the swing").
My problem is that my wrist is too weak to make use of the method, but if yours are strong enough, it will certainly be worth trying or considering.
Best of luck.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what happened to not starting any more threads eh Tashy ;)

get yerself to your pro and get it sorted (and then to the barbers to get the Tash sorted :D )

Tashyboy

Visit site
what happened to not starting any more threads eh Tashy ;)

get yerself to your pro and get it sorted (and then to the barbers to get the Tash sorted :D )

That last sentance has infraction written all over it, how do you report someone 🤔😂

Wolf

Visit site
I think my answer won't come as any surprise but I'd get a lesson, get a fix sooner rather than later, work on the drills/changes made and get ready for all the big competitions over the summer. Make sure they spell "Tashyboy" properly on the boards
Agree with Homer on this, getting it seen to properly will help resolve the problems quicker and better than any amount of self help and experiment as that leads deeper into the rabbit hole.

Plus I'd say if you're having to ask when's the right time then it's already time...

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tashy definitely time for a visit to a pro. If you used someone before that you trust I would try and get to see them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think, and I use the term think very loosely that I could well work the problem out myself, but the question is how long. I don't want to. Get through three months of the Q season to then decide I was wrong. Think said pro will be getting a call on Monday. Cheers for the thoughts guys.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rome wasnt built in a day.

I would recommend a fair few range sessions before I would throw in the towel and get a lesson.

Even if you get a lesson it isn't a magic pill and everything is fine. You still have to work at it.

Post your swing here and get tips for free. Cant hurt.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Rome wasnt built in a day.

I would recommend a fair few range sessions before I would throw in the towel and get a lesson.

Even if you get a lesson it isn't a magic pill and everything is fine. You still have to work at it.

Post your swing here and get tips for free. Cant hurt.

Gary, If I knew how to, I might well of done. My train of thought was lesson to try and rectify fault/s and then try to work on them on the range.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One way or the other you will have to put the time in.

Would recommend you try to learn a repeatable fade rather than search for a draw. Much more controlled.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I started a thread a short while ago saying I was ready to quit. The drives off the tee were the worst. Mostly being topped or huge heel strikes going about 80 yards total distance along the ground and to the left.

Last three rounds I’ve been smashing the driver. Not every shot but enough to keep me happy. For the first time ever I intentionally drew the ball around some trees on the 3rd yesterday.

There’s hope yet.

Wolf

Visit site

Would recommend you try to learn a repeatable fade rather than search for a draw. Much more controlled.

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I've always been a natural drawer of the ball, but last few months during my swing changes been purposely working on the fade and drills I got from Piers Ward helped me understand the feelings and have to day my driving feels so much more solid with the fade and less chance of going on the crap.

Get a lesson Tashyboy and get that fade going to keep ball in play

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I would normally go with the flow and suggest a lesson but I fell into the same problem as you recently. I've been taking lessons during the winter and the changes, whilst great with my irons completely wrecked my driving. I eventually worked out the cause of my bad shots, on the range after hitting tons of balls, which turned out to be a sort of ball smothering move, not much, but enough to pull hook etc. So now I set up, see the back of the ball and dont transfer my weight through until after I've seen the ball hit - it works for me 👍

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I reckon you’ve got a faulty driver or one of your mates has sprinkled gremlin dust on it. Whatever, a new driver is required.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember having a lesson a couple of years ago. The pro saw me hit a few balls and identified 5 faults. "Don't worry though, I'll give you one fix and that will solve most of them".

In effect I'd developed an initial fault. To rectify that I'd started doing something else. That created another issue which I'd attempted to resolve, consciously or not, by doing another tweak that caused another problem. Can you see where this is going? On and on it went.

The pro solved fault number 1 and the domino effect of that was that the adaptations I'd made to compensate also disappeared.

The moral, go to the pro. They know what they are doing, they will clear the fog.

Tashyboy

Visit site

When I got fitted for me driver driver, most of my shots had a baby fade. The new driver had a bit more distance, better dispertion, but still a baby fade. The pro who fitted said, we can do one of two things. Tuck your right elbow in more on the back swing which will help. Or we have to re start your swing from scratch. There's no chance of the later happening. So the repeatable fade looks like being the one.

Without getting to in depth Gary. When I had my lesson. It was explained that the angle of the club hitting the ball is not the same as the angle of the clubhead hitting the ball. 9 times outta 10, I hit the ball coming from out to in with the clubface slightly open which caused the fade. The one time I hit it with the club face square it went like a rocket, but pulled left.
At the moment it going flippin everywhere. Think Mr Luke Allen is getting a call on Tuesday. 👍