How far do you hit your putter?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In all seriousness, I find with my normal tempo and going as far back as it's comfortable I get about 25 paces out of it.

If I have a few minutes before a round it's one of the things I check on the practice green to get a number for the day.

In my experience, it's a useful thing to know and most people don't...

D

Deleted member 18588

Did once see Seve put one on the 3rd green of The Dukes at Woburn.

Only 130 odd yards!

Mind you he also did it with a driver.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
there was a chap i worked with that was trying to get his longest put recognised by Guinness. he was on a par 3 and duffed his tee shot. his playing partner said "you should have used your putter i would have gone further. he took his putter from 170 yards and holed it. it was witnessed by caddies employed by the course but it didn't stand

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hit a 80 yard putt at Royal County Down to two feet.:thup: Blowing a gale, and would have need a good 8 iron to cover the distance.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Parred the old 18th at Cleveland, 420yds, using an old hickory shafted putter. 3 good belts and a 20 footer.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In preparation for a 3 club competition, one of my young low handicap greenkeepers once glued a broken shafted Bullseye type putter into a broken driver shaft making it a 43'' putter.
With a bit of practice he could skelp it a good 200 yards.

This was long before long putter shafts were fashionable.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
i think the question should be how far can you accurately hit a putt, I find on very long ones its just a case of hit and hope.