Hole in One or Not

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hole in one

• Total voters

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
On the card, it's a 3. For the purposes of the comp, it's a 3.

But because he didn't stick it OOB on the first go, if it were me I'd be saying I've had one outside the competition.
Having to add a caveat means it's not an ace. Reminds me of the guy on here who tried to claim a 2nd ball as a hole in one because he was playing it to save time in case of a playoff ??

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
He holed out for a three.

I think this has been discussed (not on here) many decades ago.

There was no opportunity for him to have a hole-in-one on a hole where he was not taking the tee-shot. You need to accept this as you approach the tee.

D

Deleted member 29109

Nope.

I’ve told this before, but it happened against me in a match.

Opponent hit first OB and holed the next for a par. He was adamant that it was for a 1 not a 3 and got rather upset when (after getting others involved) he was told otherwise.

Interesting way to make half though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't and don't see how anyone can.
Because he hit one shot, from the tee box that went in. All I'm saying is, if I'm this guy, whenever someone asks me if I got a hole in one my answer's going to start with "yes, but..." As in yes but technically no, or yes but it didn't count as one. Like, you can't claim it without giving the whole story, but I'm still claiming it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So....say the first tee shot hits a tree and rebounds into the teeing area..
Player 2 hits it from the teeing area and it goes in.....is that a HiO..?
He's only hit it once....

HPIMG

Visit site
If it was me I would be counting it. Bet everyone who says no is just mad cause they have never had one.

D

Deleted member 15344

If it was me I would be counting it. Bet everyone who says no is just mad cause they have never had one.

It’s a definite no for me and I have had numerous hole in ones

It’s a hole in 3 , nice solid par

D

Deleted member 15344

Because he hit one shot, from the tee box that went in. All I'm saying is, if I'm this guy, whenever someone asks me if I got a hole in one my answer's going to start with "yes, but..." As in yes but technically no, or yes but it didn't count as one. Like, you can't claim it without giving the whole story, but I'm still claiming it.

If the first player has an air shot , then you hit the ball next is it a Hole in one ?

Surely it’s only a hole in one if it says 1 on the scorecard ?‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I’ve had three. And it’s still a “no” from me. The term hole-in-one infers a hole has been completed in one shot. In this case it wasn’t. So it isn’t.