Hole in One or Not

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hole in one

• Total voters

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let’s say I stood on the tee and duffed my teeshot forward one inch. I then hit my second shot and hole it, for a two. I’d be delirious but it’s not a hole in one. Despite being essentially identical stroke and distance.

So in foursomes if my partner duffed their shot forward one inch. I then hit my first shot and hole it, I’d again be delirious but it’s a two.

At no point is it ever a hole in one and it’s no different to playing the third shot if my partner goes out of bounds with their first.

Anyway. This is all missing the wider point that alternate shot golf is rubbish to begin with.

I’d say I holed my tee shot which is essentially true ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s full of grumpy old men who like an argument and have out dated views? It’s as typical a cross section of golfers as you are ever likely to see ?

Certainly not in the circles I move in. Very forward thinking group who embrace change. Our club on a whole have made HUGE strides in recent years to rid themselves of a stuffy atmosphere and reputation.

Paying dividends now too.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’d say I holed my tee shot which is essentially true ?

It’s not the tee shot though ??

It’s the 3rd shot

Tee shot is defined as the first shot on that hole by the individual or team ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Let’s say I stood on the tee and duffed my teeshot forward one inch. I then hit my second shot and hole it, for a two. I’d be delirious but it’s not a hole in one. Despite being essentially identical stroke and distance.

So in foursomes if my partner duffed their shot forward one inch. I then hit my first shot and hole it, I’d again be delirious but it’s a two.

At no point is it ever a hole in one and it’s no different to playing the third shot if my partner goes out of bounds with their first.

Anyway. This is all missing the wider point that alternate shot golf is rubbish to begin with.
Exactly my thinking (other than I love foursomes) and the exact same scenario I used when thinking about it.?