Hole in One or Not

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hole in one

• Total voters

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So....say the first tee shot hits a tree and rebounds into the teeing area..
Player 2 hits it from the teeing area and it goes in.....is that a HiO..?
He's only hit it once....

Obviously not as the original ball us still in play!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He was playing three of the tee so that’s not a hole in one, simple but unfortunate.

But if was me and on a purely personal level I would certainly think I had a hole in one

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So, you’re playing a par 5 and go OOB from the tee. You stripe your second effort straight down the middle, put your approach ten feet from the pin, and drain the putt.

Are you claiming a par or eagle?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So, you’re playing a par 5 and go OOB from the tee. You stripe your second effort straight down the middle, put your approach ten feet from the pin, and drain the putt.

Are you claiming a par or eagle?

I suspect that you need to go and read the original scenario again.

Billysboots

Visit site
I suspect that you need to go and read the original scenario again.

Why? The same principle applies. A number of people seem to be of the view that a par, completed when holing a provisional after a 4somes partner has gone OOB, is a personal hole in one. It’s not.

What is the score entered on the card?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why? The same principle applies. A number of people seem to be of the view that a par, completed when holing a provisional after a 4somes partner has gone OOB, is a personal hole in one. It’s not.

What is the score entered on the card?

The second scenario you have introduced is a single player that's why.

Billysboots

Visit site

I’m well aware of that. Perhaps my analogy wasn’t the best but my point is that, even though a player may eagle a hole with his second ball, it’s not an eagle. It’s a par which goes on the card.

The same as a par going on the card in the hole-in-one which wasn’t scenario. It’s not a hole-in-one. There’s no expensive watch won. No round of drinks in the bar. No insurance claim for said round of drinks. Because it’s a par.

D

Deleted member 15344

In foursomes you are playing as a single using one ball but two people hitting alternate- so in this scenario the shot isn’t the first shot on that hole so how can it a hole in one - the scorecard will verify how that hole was scored by that alternate shot team - in this case = 3 , the ball was hit twice plus one penalty shot makes 3

In scenario the second player is hitting “3 of the tee”

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In foursomes you are playing as a single using one ball but two people hitting alternate- so in this scenario the shot isn’t the first shot on that hole so how can it a hole in one - the scorecard will verify how that hole was scored by that alternate shot team - in this case = 3 , the ball was hit twice plus one penalty shot makes 3

I've already stated its a 3 on the card. ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Oooh I do love a good debate thread.

As frustrating as it would be, it’s not a hole in one for me. As soon as you add the “but” it just doesn’t count.

As someone said, would you get the drinks in with this situation……

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the first player has an air shot , then you hit the ball next is it a Hole in one ?

Surely it’s only a hole in one if it says 1 on the scorecard ?‍♂️
For you it is, yeah. Exactly the same deal, you stepped up and hit a ball from the tee into the hole in one shot. Hole in one.

We play this game for a laugh, I ain't quibbling over semantics. I'm also not going to pee on someone's chips by being all "ooo technically I'm afraid it's not a hole in one blah blah". Bore off. ?