hippo hex driver

john1971

Medal Winner
Visit site
I found my new driver lads very unusual looking piece of kit but what a buzz when you cream 9 out of 10 shots right down the middle of the fairway ;) I thought i was dreaming. I was trying out the benross v6 trimass but i was slicing of over then i asked the pro if he had any more demos in and bang this fearful looking thing came out.I said i would give it a go. Its hard to tell about distance with range balls but it was the trajectory that i got, you know when the ball starts off low then seems to climb forever. Sorry lads for going on about this but i've never had a club like it. Oh also got to put in that the shaft on the hex was a STIFF one.
Sorry for the gloat but had to share it has any1 else had this with this club?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nah but did try the wilson squareway (i think its called) with a stiff shaft in, was ok but not a patch on the FTI i went with (regular shaft BTW)

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
when I tried it, I was really impressed with how straight it kept my ball flight, but I was disapointed with the overall distance for some reason.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I agree regarding accuracy, I don't hit this club as far as other drivers however given most courses I play the distance it gives me is fine, accuracy is the most important feature.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks boabski, shame they didnt have a regular shaft for me to try instead of the stiff one.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
looks a good driver mate, but i think if they had the yellow and black pro-force shaft instead of the black and white one it would be better.i wonder if you asked to get one ordered if they would do it?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really liked the Wilson Spine when I tried one (except the white shaft which I found distracting). May consider one when I move down to a 10.5 degree loft.