Having a round without a beer after.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I would love it if my club stocked such as Brewdog Nanny State or Infinite Session Pale Ale (American or Indian). All excellent low/no alcohol alternatives. Brooklyn Special Effects Lager is also very decent. Instead we have Heineken 0.0% - which is fine and certainly better than Becks Blue…

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Speak to the steward.... unless they are tied to a supplier, you never know what they can get in.

this is always worth trying
I got the club to stock a cider I wanted (none on the bar list) Now they shift loads of the stuff (ok a chunk of it is to me :p)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
this is always worth trying
I got the club to stock a cider I wanted (none on the bar list) Now they shift loads of the stuff (ok a chunk of it is to me :p)
I’ll do that…again…though I fear that I am one of very few who drinks the Heineken 0.0% stocked. Maybe there are more who would if better or different alternatives were available.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not fussed about a beer post round, but I will have a soft drink with PP if I'm driving. If I'm not driving then maybe 1 or rarely 2 beers after the round.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah no proper locker facilities.

Always felt that the way that lockers are used at golf clubs is another sign of the lack of progressive thinking. You get a locker, it is yours until you do not want it any more then it goes to the next person on the list.

You could do some good by actually asking people each year why they should have a locker and allocate accordingly. You could save a few car journies but giving lockers to people who could walk to the club if it were not for the bag, or lockers of groups of 3 or more who came in one vehicle. You could give lockers to people who drove small and efficient cars. You could actually push a more green agenda in golf clubs simply by how you allocate lockers

Boomy

Visit site
Somebody may have already pointed this out but my whole concern with the OP’s post is the admittance of drink driving so as not to upset friends ? really though! You may cause an accident (or worse) on the way home but at least you took your turn at the bar! Get a soft drink or politely decline due to the fact that you are driving.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The question is aimed at people that do drink. How do you manage this?

Nothing more better than having a beer after a round. The trouble I’m finding is the lads I’m with like to get rounds in so it’s only respectable to return the favour. Then it leads to being slightly over the limit aswell as having to constantly lie to the other half in regards to being ‘held up’ on the course when in actual fact I’ve been at hole 19 for the past 2 hours.

Any ideas on getting away from this vicious cycle
It sounds like you play with the same people regularly. So why not take it in turns of who buys the one round after after each round?

That way you all end up “buying one back”, you don’t end up over the limit, potentially losing your licence, or worse - causing a serious accident because your reaction time and awareness has reduced slightly because of the excess beer?