Comp fees going up?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our competition entry is £7 but that includes £2 for the prize money sweep and £2 for the 2's sweep, both of which can be opted out of . My competition win a couple of weeks ago netted me £73.50 from the sweep, this suggests that some opt out as there were 105 players in the comp.

Same here.

Works well and winning go back in your card which can be used at the bar, in the restaurant, pro shop, or range points.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Update - they’ve clearly had some complaints and so have emailed today to explain why they need to increase comp fees, mainly down to bank charges due to most people paying with a card, and extra staff costs to get the course ready for the comps every weekend. Now if they’d just said that in the first place most people, me included, would’ve understood. Seems to me they need some communication training, as this isn’t the first time a follow up email has been sent after a contentious change!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update - they’ve clearly had some complaints and so have emailed today to explain why they need to increase comp fees, mainly down to bank charges due to most people paying with a card, and extra staff costs to get the course ready for the comps every weekend. Now if they’d just said that in the first place most people, me included, would’ve understood. Seems to me they need some communication training, as this isn’t the first time a follow up email has been sent after a contentious change!

The first point I can agree with, if a cost goes up then that is grounds to look at what is being charged. Not so expecting of the second bit. Not sure what extra cost holding a comp attracts to the course. You expect the course to be in the best possible condition every day and there to be holes cut, flags in holes and tee markers out. Not really sure what additional cost there is simply becuase a comp is being held when it comes to getting a course ready.