Hardest Par 3 Starting Hole

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
First at Royal Lytham..... Let's play it off the champ tees they said..... Cue 200+ yards into a relatively small green surrounded by bunkers.... There is also a nice bench where the locals sit and watch you tee off, just adds to the ambience!

Yep, probably the hardest I've played which isn't many.

Seem to remember one at Bradford?? (think the course has gone now). It was over 200 downhill and about SI 5. Our opponents on the day started with a 2 nett 0 for 5!

D

Deleted member 17920

First at Royal Lytham..... Let's play it off the champ tees they said..... Cue 200+ yards into a relatively small green surrounded by bunkers.... There is also a nice bench where the locals sit and watch you tee off, just adds to the ambience!
Easy par though isn't it if you get up and down from the bunker :D

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My home course is the Addington, we start on a 162 yard par 3, whilst not being that long it is uphill and definately not an easy start

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive not played many with a par 3 start, so has to be Boat of Garten, but i think they have made it easier in the last few years. nothing that tricky about it its just you are hitting 4 iron first up, which is never a good thing if you don't warm up;)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The first at Bala, North Wales has been described as the toughest par 3 in the world by some but more of a lottery for me. From what I remember it's like playing up the side of Snowdon and it you don't get it on the green it comes all the way back down.

Same at Church Stretton. We stood on the first trying to figure out where the first was. Luckilly a member came strolling over off the 18th, which I thought must have been 1st green, and he kindly pointed to the 1st. My response was unprintable (on here). I went for it. Lost ball.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's tricky, there's long, there's water and there's a lot of other trouble associated with par 3s....then there's the first at Merrick....in a class of its own IMO.

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mullion's first in Cornwall. 199 yds of the pegs, normally into a stiff breeze coming of the sea, green that you can barely see, slopes away from you and to the right, apart from last 12 feet. Par always feels like a birdie.