Best par 3 you’ve actually played

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm assuming from your wording that is a different hole. I'm not someone who can remember every hole at a course, which one is terrible? (I'll then Google it 😄)

yeah different one

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah different one

Ah, thank heavens for flyovers on websites. Yes, I do remember it and yes, you are right, it is rubbish :LOL: . Blind, uphill and long, nothing to love there.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Didn’t play it myself but watched a few juniors on the 17th at Halifax Golf Club yesterday in the junior team championships.
The views all the way around the course are sensational but it all builds up to the penultimate hole where you drop back down from what is the high point on the 2nd highest golf course in England I believe.
Course looked amazing, I definitely need to go back and play it myself.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Didn’t play it myself but watched a few juniors on the 17th at Halifax Golf Club yesterday in the junior team championships.
The views all the way around the course are sensational but it all builds up to the penultimate hole where you drop back down from what is the high point on the 2nd highest golf course in England I believe.
Course looked amazing, I definitely need to go back and play it myself.

That hole rather spoils the course in my opinion. The views are great but the hole itself is a bit rubbish.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I originally mentioned the 4th at Holtye in the thread, which is my favourite par 3 in Sussex.

But seeing the thread crop up again I was reminded of my first experience of links golf, Donegal Murvagh and the 196 yard 5th - The Valley of Tears.

Hired clubs. A breezy November morning on Ireland west coast. And my god I loved every second of it. This hole is something else.

Reactions: Zig