GP Scores in HC record

Ian_George

Visit site
It prevents players simply entering scores via the EG App when they haven’t even visited the location of the course where they have purported to play at (I am surprised that you aren’t aware of that if you have any WHS knowledge). This prevents false, non existent scores being posted on the portal - clearly cheating to falsify their handicap.
I suspect though that you are aware of this and are merely trolling and so will stop feeding you now.
That may be 'what' it does, but I asked 'HOW' it does that! Are you suggesting that the phone location of a card, where scores are being entered, is checked for proximity to the course, rejecting it if not close? So a delayed entry of cards from a 'tour' would likely fail? If so, the process is fraught with rejection chances that should be covered by other processes within the system - registration with the club of intention to put a card in for example.

And no, not trolling! Just trying to extract what you really mean by geo-fencing. I've not encountered the issue! It's not something I consider part of WHS - but is APP (which I rarely use) related!

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That may be 'what' it does, but I asked 'HOW' it does that! Are you suggesting that the phone location of a card, where scores are being entered, is checked for proximity to the course, rejecting it if not close? So a delayed entry of cards from a 'tour' would likely fail? If so, the process is fraught with rejection chances that should be covered by other processes within the system - registration with the club of intention to put a card in for example.

And no, not trolling! Just trying to extract what you really mean by geo-fencing. I've not encountered the issue! It's not something I consider part of WHS - but is APP (which I rarely use) related!
Google it. You'll get your answer.

Reactions: D-S

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The simple fact that there is this Geo location is golfers can’t be trusted ( some anyway)
So talk of integrity is way off the mark.
Anyone caught doing this should be banned for life from competition golf!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The simple fact that there is this Geo location is golfers can’t be trusted ( some anyway)

Its pretty rubbish though to be honest - I can start a round at my home club from the comfort of my bed at home if I want to :ROFLMAO:

Ian_George

Visit site
Nah! Just a reasonable method of maintaining that integrity imo. Likely to be completely invisible to the almost all users!

Swango1980

Visit site
Sounds like they'll simply be looking for evidence of potential abuse, and acting where necessary. Nothing more.

Of course, there will doubtless be people who want to read much more into it.
Na, surely not. WHS is not open to abuse, so long as everyone is doing their job after all. As long as markers don't sign for dodgy scores. As long as friends reports their mates who abuse the system. And so long as Committees are evaluating all the available reports (it only takes a minute or so apparently) and stamp out any abuse. It is not like it is easy to abuse the WHS system, is it?

Well, that is what I've head since even before WHS was launched anyway, and what I heard when people started reporting abuse that was allegedly taking place.

At least England Golf might be acknowledging there is a potential problem that cannot be reliably addressed with the current systems in place. So, they are apparently looking to introduce additional safeguards. It sounds positive that they are trying to develop the system, rather than assume it does not need to change and burying their heads in the sand if potential problems are highlighted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've tried to sign in from our 1st tee and it said I was too far away......tried again on the 2nd tee (400 yards away) and it accepted.?..