Good win for Matt

NearHull

Visit site
Both players’ iron play, from the last few holes in regulation play, to the finish of the play off was outstanding. My 5 or so hours of tv watching was time well spent.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How did that ball not drop in the water, was it Cantlay?

Good win for Matt, I thought it was going to be a day the putts were not going to drop.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Delighted for him and well deserved. Seems a very nice lad, and is really moving up the levels. He came across very well in the Netflix doc. Great composure last night against a tough minded proven winner.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was a great watch and he and was interesting to see Matt and Jordan apparently getting on so well, and pretty much ignoring Cantlay, over the last few holes before the playoff.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Really pleased to see Fitzpatrick back to winning ways and one of the big events to boot. I don't want to got too far off topic but I can't help but think it was a massive mistake by McIlroy not to get Billy Foster on the bag when he was available.

sunshine

Visit site
I can't help but think it was a massive mistake by McIlroy not to get Billy Foster on the bag when he was available.

A massive mistake? I really don’t think a caddie makes that much difference to someone like Mcilroy.

By implication, do you think Foster is behind Fitzpatrick rising to major winner? Because I’m pretty sure it was down to the player.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
By implication, do you think Foster is behind Fitzpatrick rising to major winner? Because I’m pretty sure it was down to the player.
I think having Foster on the bag has definitely helped him, but mostly it was adding like 20 yards to his drives!

I think you're right about Rory, the guy thinks he knows it all anyway, he'd probably be overruling Foster left right and centre anyway. Waste of time. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 1147

A massive mistake? I really don’t think a caddie makes that much difference to someone like Mcilroy.

Also, Fitz's was the first major win for Billy Foster. So he didn't have a pedigree for players winning the big ones.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the most part he putted with the pin in. For the six inch tap in to win, the flag was out.
I did notice he seemed to have the stick out for anything less than about 18" but then at that distance he was always putting second.

I'll ask his Dad when I see him next.

AJNairn

Visit site

Tour Caddies do much more than simply carry the bag and state distances! That's probably why Rory is happy to have his long-time best friend, also a highly skilled golfer, on his bag! The fact that the pairing is occasionally deemed the reason Rory hasn't won more majors indicates how others view it too! And that's in spite of Nicklaus's Show up; Keep up; Shut up! view.

Last edited: