Good value gloves?

AdamW

Visit site
Wearing through footjoy gloves quite quickly wondering if anyone knows of good cheap gloves maybe in a mutipack from ebay etc?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I find the Srixon Cabretta Leather the hardest wearing of all the gloves i've tried... the old ones though, the new are a bit tighter in fit.

I usually get them from Sports Direct, 2 or £18 at the moment, though the last ones i got last week they only charged me £12.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Used to buy the srixon cabretta but the price went up and the quality down. Been using the taylormade all weather of late. Can be had for 5.50 in multibuy and is soft but pretty hard wearing

D

Deleted member 1147

I got some cheap Mizzy gloves from AG, they seem to do the job well for £6 each

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found the Mizuno gloves uncomfortable though, there was like an annoying seam inside where your fingertips are. Might just be me. FootJoy gloves are the best I've used, TaylorMade one was good too.
I think gloves can be quite personal, some fit perfectly others don't. I've bought expensive ones online and then had to give them to my son as a ridge somewhere in them causes problems for my hands. I suppose the point being made by JamesR and myself is that the Mizuno ones should not be discounted purely because they are cheap. If they suit your hand then they are great value and last well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think gloves can be quite personal, some fit perfectly others don't. I've bought expensive ones online and then had to give them to my son as a ridge somewhere in them causes problems for my hands. I suppose the point being made by JamesR and myself is that the Mizuno ones should not be discounted purely because they are cheap. If they suit your hand then they are great value and last well.
Yeah that's fair, I don't get expensive gloves either. I've done the full tour of all the bog standard ones I think. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who's seriously gonna turn up on the 1st tee 'gaming' a black glove though, that's as bad as the black soc... wait forget I said anything :whistle:
Haha, I used them in winter as they hide the dirt better. In summer I have to go back to white to deflect the heat though. :p

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find the Srixon Cabretta Leather the hardest wearing of all the gloves i've tried... the old ones though, the new are a bit tighter in fit.

I usually get them from Sports Direct, 2 or £18 at the moment, though the last ones i got last week they only charged me £12.
This ^^^
I only use all leather gloves - and these are the ones that last longest for me. At £18 for two, I think they are good value

Sports Direct also do the Dunlop V500 all leather glove. £9 each or £14 for two. Very nice for a round or two but the leather is thin as a thin thing, and they don't last. The extra for the Srixon is worth it.

Springveldt

Visit site
Got 3 cabretta leather gloves from eBay for £9 delivered. Seem decent quality so far, slightly thicker than the Mizuno ones that I wear through in about 10 rounds.

The cheaper Mizuno ones (not the cabretta leather ones) are decent value from AG if you can get them on the 2 for £10 offer. My issue with then is that the thumb seam slips round and ends up in the middle of my thumb which means I chuck them.