Shoe recommendations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I’ve got a couple of pairs of them from Amazon

They are a life saver. I've had PF since I ran after our old dog when he escaped at my uncles and I was bear foot. This was years ago and since then I always need the insoles but when I have them no pain.

If I walk around without them I get pain

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Skechers are comfy but the post about getting some podiatry advice seems sound. I do find shoes with a heel as opposed to flat (normally pimple soles) more comfy but as a non-PE sufferer that won't really help the OP. I would get some advice and then try a few on rather than buying online

sjw

Visit site
I think my shoes have started to give out, getting pain in the left arch after about 3 holes, noticed when walking. I've just bought a new pair for summer, and I was hoping that when summer rolls around, I can then get a discounted pair of this years shoes for _next_ winter, but now I'm thinking I might have to buy them earlier. I love the look of the Ecco Biom C4, but I'm not such a fan of the price. If there was anywhere I could get them for <£100 I'd probably jump on it but I think they might be a little too rich for me. Annoyingly enough, if I hadn't bought the summer pair and I was going to wear the Eccos all year round, I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid!

I also see that Clubhouse Golf have the Puma GS Fast which look quite nice. Anyone wear these in the winter, and can let me know how they stack up?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think my shoes have started to give out, getting pain in the left arch after about 3 holes, noticed when walking. I've just bought a new pair for summer, and I was hoping that when summer rolls around, I can then get a discounted pair of this years shoes for _next_ winter, but now I'm thinking I might have to buy them earlier. I love the look of the Ecco Biom C4, but I'm not such a fan of the price. If there was anywhere I could get them for <£100 I'd probably jump on it but I think they might be a little too rich for me. Annoyingly enough, if I hadn't bought the summer pair and I was going to wear the Eccos all year round, I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid!

I also see that Clubhouse Golf have the Puma GS Fast which look quite nice. Anyone wear these in the winter, and can let me know how they stack up?
I have these, wore them at the weekend in fact. Work well for me. Nice and comfy, have never slipped in them. I do not play on a hilly course to be fair but so far so good.

Waterproofing is solid but if the course is really wet I wear waterproof socks so I guess I have not given them the ultimate test on that front.

I like Puma golf shoes, have 2 pairs now.

sjw

Visit site
I have these, wore them at the weekend in fact. Work well for me. Nice and comfy, have never slipped in them. I do not play on a hilly course to be fair but so far so good.

Waterproofing is solid but if the course is really wet I wear waterproof socks so I guess I have not given them the ultimate test on that front.

I like Puma golf shoes, have 2 pairs now.
How "hardy" are they, ie how long have you got out of a pair? My current UA shoes have lasted a couple of years. With the summer/winter plan, if a pair of shoes would normally last two years, I should be able to get double that (fingers crossed). Man maths suggests that, in that case, the price aspect becomes a little bit different. £40 a year seems more palatable. Maybe I'll go for the Eccos... 🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How "hardy" are they, ie how long have you got out of a pair? My current UA shoes have lasted a couple of years. With the summer/winter plan, if a pair of shoes would normally last two years, I should be able to get double that (fingers crossed). Man maths suggests that, in that case, the price aspect becomes a little bit different. £40 a year seems more palatable. Maybe I'll go for the Eccos... 🤔
I tend to alternate my shoes, sounds pompous when I write it down, so that they don't get hammered. I started wearing these for the first time last season and they are showing no signs of wear so far. My previous pair of Pumas lasted 4 years and I 'retired' them at the end of the season. The dimples had started to smooth out and so I bought another pair. 4 years, even when alternating, is pretty good I think. Particularly as I tend to buy in sales at the end of a season so average around £40-45.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I tend to alternate my shoes, sounds pompous when I write it down, so that they don't get hammered. I started wearing these for the first time last season and they are showing no signs of wear so far. My previous pair of Pumas lasted 4 years and I 'retired' them at the end of the season. The dimples had started to smooth out and so I bought another pair. 4 years, even when alternating, is pretty good I think. Particularly as I tend to buy in sales at the end of a season so average around £40-45.
same here ive at least 4 pairs on Rotation, when one pair are getting to the end of their life i use them over winter then chuck come spring

sjw

Visit site
Well, not only do I get the pain in my foot from mine, but my Scheffler-shuffle has finally put a hole in mine. So now I'm on the hunt before the weekend. I'm leaning towards the Ecco Biom C4 because I just like how they look, but I'm undecided on colour. Decisions, decisions.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sadly for me with size 6 feet, Ecco’s golf shoes only start at size 7 and recently looked for Skechers arch fit golf shoes only to find that they only start at size 7 too 🙁. More frustrating as their non-golf arch fit shoes start at a 6.