Shoe recommendations

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and could recommend a good shoe. I’ve had plantar fasciitis in my left foot particularly so have insoles in my current Footjoy SL and also wore Footjoy Superlite XP for the last two seasons. Whilst they are good shoes they aren’t that comfortable, so I’m looking for recommendations for the forthcoming season that fit the following criteria;

- Good heel support
- Good arch support
- Waterproof
- Spikeless
- Available in a few colours

Anyone with a similar issue would be good to hear what you’ve used

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can’t comment (yet) on the comfort but GFore have a sale and if you want a range of colours, then might be worth having a look. I gust got some spikeless BOA style for £100, rrp £200. Initial impressions are good but not worn on the course yet

Smoj

Visit site
I have been wearing Nike TW13s for a while, and while they're good and all, I don't get on with the ''free sole'' that much as my feet hurt after rounds (walking all the time) but recently changed to some FJ Premiers and I think it's a big upgrade, love the FJ Premiers a lot. more support, a huge improvement in traction, solid premium leather and they look great after cleaning them ( i bought a white pair and have had a few muddy rounds )

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I have suffered with PF and know how unpleasant it is. My current shoes are Stromberg Tempo - really quite cheap in comparison to most, but ridiculously comfortable. Perhaps the most comfortable I have worn, and they tick most of your boxes.

My main priority has always been comfort, and for that I have also found Skechers offer some great options.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve just gone through two bouts of PF in my left foot. For everyday wear I’ve bought Skechers Arch Fit shoes and they are very comfortable and give great support. For golf, to be on the safe side I’ve now gone for insoles in all my golf shoes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and could recommend a good shoe. I’ve had plantar fasciitis in my left foot particularly so have insoles in my current Footjoy SL and also wore Footjoy Superlite XP for the last two seasons. Whilst they are good shoes they aren’t that comfortable, so I’m looking for recommendations for the forthcoming season that fit the following criteria;

- Good heel support
- Good arch support
- Waterproof
- Spikeless

I have PF

I wear any shoe I can find (ecco currently)

I use pro wellbeing 11 insoles in all my shoes. No issues when I have them in. Even have them in my slippers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had minor problems with plantar fasciitis, but since wearing ECCOs I've not felt it at all. They definitely fit the brief of having support, waterproof, loads of spikeless options too.

Last edited:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My best man suffers with it, despite trying several brands his boost 360’s and chaos from adidas are the only shoes he can wear.
Another vote for adidas code chaos here. I suffer from PF as well, I still ache at the end of a round but nowhere near as bad as with other shoes I’ve tried. They can be quite expensive but if you keep checking there are often deals to be had.

I tell you what has really helped the PF though, crocs! I used to wear slippers in the house, the pain was ridiculous, especially if I’d been for a round or taken the dog out walking. So I bought a cheap pair of crocs from matalan and they’ve changed my life. Too embarrassed to wear them in public, but I can’t wait to put them on when I get home, they’re so soft yet firm. I know a lot of experts are dead against them for other reasons, but it’s the best £6-7 I’ve spent in a long time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another vote for adidas code chaos here. I suffer from PF as well, I still ache at the end of a round but nowhere near as bad as with other shoes I’ve tried. They can be quite expensive but if you keep checking there are often deals to be had.

I tell you what has really helped the PF though, crocs! I used to wear slippers in the house, the pain was ridiculous, especially if I’d been for a round or taken the dog out walking. So I bought a cheap pair of crocs from matalan and they’ve changed my life. Too embarrassed to wear them in public, but I can’t wait to put them on when I get home, they’re so soft yet firm. I know a lot of experts are dead against them for other reasons, but it’s the best £6-7 I’ve spent in a long time.
I'm similar actually - when my feet were bad I used to just walk around the house in socks, and we have hard floors downstairs. Since I started wearing sliders at home instead my feet have been less sore.

HPIMG

Visit site
I’ve tried a lot of brands now and best I’ve found are footjoy and under armour. Worst are weirdly enough Nike and adidas and I love both brands for just regular trainers but I found them quite bad for golf shoes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve tried a lot of brands now and best I’ve found are footjoy and under armour. Worst are weirdly enough Nike and adidas and I love both brands for just regular trainers but I found them quite bad for golf shoes.
I had a pair of UA trainer style shoes last summer but they didn't work as well for me, I realised they were hurting my feet and got some Puma GS-Fasts instead.

Agree on Nike, nice though they look, they never seem to be a good fit for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get something with a proper heel on FJ premier or Traditions.

“ I find spikeless shoes are to flat and make PF worse .” Quote from my phisio!

Were all different though so you need to try as many as you can.

See a podiatrist for proper help!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

- Good heel support
- Good arch support
- Waterproof
- Spikeless

I suffered from that. I once had a FJ shoe fitting and they told me how wrong sized shoes can cause it and ironically it was the quick wear on their soles that’s caused it!

I’ve worn spikeless ever since and I’m presently using UA hovr all year. They fell really comfy and active underfoot and I’ve only had a couple of slippages in the muddiest of conditions. They’ve been great everywhere else.

adidas I couldn’t use because of the heel. They‘re like a cheese grater for me.

waterproofing is a bone of contention as it doesn’t last long on any brand I’ve tried. I now have UA summer/dry and winter/wet shoes to try and make the waterproofing last longer.