Winter shoe recommendations

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi all

for the three years I’ve worn the tour 360 boost Adidas with a grey pair in the winter and white pair for the summer, alas the heel has gone AGAIN in both pairs so I’m looking at new shoes ideally with the same principle.

I have slpro spikeless which I use at the range or on bone hard dry summers days but to be fair are not overly impressed with them, so what are people finding as a good waterproof shoe? I play a lot of winter golf so far dry foot is key.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sealskinzs.
The best shoe I found was a non leather one like greenjoys, but even that have up in really damp conditions

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a theme going here. I have some Adidas boost spikeless and some................wait for it.......................Sealskinz socks 🤣

If you don't want to go down the sock route then perhaps look at the boot route. They look a bit clumpy but if they do the job you want it doesn't matter.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Depends on what you want and where you play.

If its comfort I always suggest Skechers. Get a black pair if you play at a damp muddy course, black always clean well and take a polish, keeps the leather good and more waterproof.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys for the winter with Pro Stinger hybrid plastic/metal spikes and I wear waterproof socks that I got from Aldi that work a treat at keeping my feet dry.
The hybrid spikes for me as our course is quite hilly and it is easy to slip going up or down a hill and these give me better purchase.

jmcp

Visit site
To try and keep my feet not only dry this winter but also to try and minimise having frozen tootsies, I recently bought a pair of Adidas BOA boots and have been very impressed with the comfort and support from them but, the sizes come up small, I normally take a 9 so ordered a 9 and they were too small, I then ordered a 10 wide and they are fine.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all

for the three years I’ve worn the tour 360 boost Adidas with a grey pair in the winter and white pair for the summer, alas the heel has gone AGAIN in both pairs so I’m looking at new shoes ideally with the same principle.

I have slpro spikeless which I use at the range or on bone hard dry summers days but to be fair are not overly impressed with them, so what are people finding as a good waterproof shoe? I play a lot of winter golf so far dry foot is key.
Ive found FJ dryjoy tours do the trick for me. They're like wearing slippers and are bone dry even in the wettest of conditions. You can often pick up last year's model for c. £90 if you look around.