Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
dustin-johnson-2010-pebble-beach.jpg

Waves at............
16 CP.jpg

evemccc

Visit site
Hell Bunker, Strath bunker, the Valley of Sin, the cardinal bunker, Sahara bunker, Himalaya bunker etc

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think this thread is confirming how few iconic landmarks there really are.

Once you take away iconic greens and bunkers there’s not a lot left that stands out.

And to bring it full circle that reinforces to me how significant the Swilcan Bridge is as an image in golf.

The swilcan bridge was John Letters cleek mark for many years and Swilken was the name of the company that rose from the ashes left behind when Spalding left Scotland.

sunshine

Visit site
I think this thread is confirming how few iconic landmarks there really are.

Once you take away iconic greens and bunkers there’s not a lot left that stands out.

And to bring it full circle that reinforces to me how significant the Swilcan Bridge is as an image in golf.

Yes well said. The bridge really stands out as an image that needs no explanation.

The first page was full of iconic landmarks. It's dropped off considerably since then... I mean someone has posted a picture of a park bench with a nice view.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was also going suggest the Turnberry lighthouse / Aisla Crag combo. All the American ones look gimmicky to me so I’m not counting them. And St Andrews should only be allowed the one, so my other nominations:

Birkdale’s Clubhouse

Sunningdale’s Oak Tree

Muirfield’s Dining Room (and complaints box)

I’ve been over that bridge many times and never noticed a course so close to the bridge may I ask what course.

I’m not a Scot btw 😂

NearHull

Visit site
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/4136/production/_128549661_swilcanbridge.jpg.webp

Apparently, a reversal of the patio decision.

Renovation work around a historic bridge on St Andrews' Old Course has been removed following heavy criticism.
Thousands flock to the Swilcan Bridge every year for arguably the most famous photo opportunity in golf.
St Andrews Links Trust said a new round paved area was designed to prevent the approach area falling into disrepair.
But the trust announced it would be dug up and replaced with turf after the paving was widely condemned on social media.

Last edited: