Golf's Most Iconic Landmarks

• Thread starter Deleted member 27823
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought the thread was iconic “landmarks”

Machrihanish is a great opening hole and when people talk about opening holes it’s always up there but it’s not an “iconic landmark” by any stretch

Pipe down. In my opinion the beach is a landmark. Feel free to dis agree and move olong.

A beach is more of a landmark than a row of bunkers.

Also for your information it's actually not a great hole just an iconic tee shot in all honesty. Far better par 4's out there and better opening par 4's - Royal Aberdeen for one.

However if you're of the opinion it's a great hole who am I to disagree.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pipe down. In my opinion the beach is a landmark. Feel free to dis agree and move olong.

A beach is more of a landmark than a row of bunkers.

Also for your information it's actually not a great hole just an iconic tee shot in all honesty. Far better par 4's out there and better opening par 4's - Royal Aberdeen for one.

However if you're of the opinion it's a great hole who am I to disagree.
“Pipe down” 😂😂
yes the beach by Machrihanish is that iconic is talked about all over the world and is always mentioned in any article about golfing landmarks - or it’s just you 😂

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
“Pipe down” 😂😂
yes the beach by Machrihanish is that iconic is talked about all over the world and is always mentioned in any article about golfing landmarks - or it’s just you 😂

Most iconic beach in Scottish Golf and don't you forget it.

If you want iconic bunkers "road hole" "beardies" "principals nose".

All instantly more "iconic " than pews.

sunshine

Visit site
Most iconic beach in Scottish Golf and don't you forget it.

If you posted a picture of your “iconic landmark” without naming it, would anyone recognise it? I get the impression you’ve deliberately named an obscure course that isn’t even a landmark just to start an argument.

D

Deleted member 31467

That's the 3rd (at least) one from TOC St Andrews! I could add a few more (Starters Hut, Hell Bunker with another victim and bunker, green and wall of the Road Hole) on the course and at least 2 (Auchterlonies and The Dunvegan nearby) . There must be something about the place!
It's one of the most recognisable views on one of the most famous courses in the world. The railway sheds are definitely iconic.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
It's one of the most recognisable views on one of the most famous courses in the world. The railway sheds are definitely iconic.
Indeed! I've even got a pic I took of them myself somewhere! Not a criticism Just a reflection of hoe 'iconic' the features of TOC really are! Even the beach could be included. And not only as a Golf icon, but a film one (Chariots of Fire) too! https://www.entrycentral.com/chariotsbeachrace

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Indeed! I've even got a pic I took of them myself somewhere! Not a criticism Just a reflection of hoe 'iconic' the features of TOC really are! Even the beach could be included. And not only as a Golf icon, but a film one (Chariots of Fire) too! https://www.entrycentral.com/chariotsbeachrace
Indeed, if a picture simply was of the beach and without you knowing where it was, would you consider it an iconic beach, in the way perhaps Luskentyre and Whitehaven beaches are considered by many to be iconic beaches, one of Scotland, the other of Australia. In a film context St Andrews…maybe, but as beaches go…hmmm.

D

Deleted member 31467

Not sure I agree with that. Lots of people might recognise they are St Andrews bunkers but probably wouldn't know which was which.

Skytot

Visit site
For me , and I’m not a golf fanatic,there’s
Swilken Bridge
Birkdale Club house
Augusta Bridge
17th at Sawgrass
The Point - Nefyn

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Unadulterated ignorance that

Oi, it’s his opinion, respect it, by all means disagree with it, but the moment you start chucking insults around means you have
1, lost the argument.
2, dragged the thread down.
3, opened up the potential for an insulting comeback which could escalate.

so don’t start what I or another mod would have to finish