US Masters 2024

Swango1980

Visit site

You don’t like to see it. In fact, the pros aren’t very good at marking their ball at all - I saw someone mark their ball and it looked like they left a good inch between the marker and ball (although if they then replaced the ball right in front of the marker, that’d be disadvantaging themself!)
Imagine had Reed done that. I'm surprised there seems to be little reaction to this, given people on this forum and elsewhere could see what he did. I wonder if anyone is having a stern word with Fitzpatrick to warn him what he did, and to be careful in the future?

wjemather

Visit site
...barely saw them play except Hatton.
This is mostly due to the host broadcaster (CBS) managing to reach new lows when it comes to the appalling standard of their coverage. If Sky weren't able to plug some gaps using the Masters feeds you'd have seen almost nothing of Hatton either, and you'd have to be content with mostly watching flowers and trees.

Swango1980

Visit site
This is mostly due to the host broadcaster (CBS) managing to reach new lows when it comes to the appalling standard of their coverage. If Sky weren't able to plug some gaps using the Masters feeds you'd have seen almost nothing of Hatton either, and you'd have to be content with mostly watching flowers and trees.
So, it's a conspiracy then?

I just thought it was because they were nowhere near the lead. We saw lots of Scheffler, Aberg, Homa, Morikawa, Fleetwood and DeChambeau.

We saw little of Smith, Reed, Zalatoris, Young, Cantlay, etc. Had they been in the top few spots, I bet we'd have seen a lot more of them

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imagine had Reed done that. I'm surprised there seems to be little reaction to this, given people on this forum and elsewhere could see what he did. I wonder if anyone is having a stern word with Fitzpatrick to warn him what he did, and to be careful in the future?

I agree, if that was Reed the internet would go into meltdown. It does make you wonder just how much they actually do get away with 🤔

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I pop on to catch up on the posts and it's pathetic really, all this LiV stuff, Scottie won and many thought he would but we still havbe the butthurts getting their little digs, really childish. I am assuming we are getting this for the next 3 majors as well but no mention of the PGA bottlers from them.

wjemather

Visit site
So, it's a conspiracy then?

I just thought it was because they were nowhere near the lead. We saw lots of Scheffler, Aberg, Homa, Morikawa, Fleetwood and DeChambeau.

We saw little of Smith, Reed, Zalatoris, Young, Cantlay, etc. Had they been in the top few spots, I bet we'd have seen a lot more of them
A conspiracy to provide atrocious coverage? Far too many of the shots we saw of the leaders were recorded (i.e. not live) - how can that even happen when you're showing almost nobody outside the top 4 on the leaderboard!!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
One thing I hate about the tour divide is people trying to turn the majors into LIV vs PGA every time. It's the Masters, it's not a team event - if LIV has shown us anything it's that people don't really care about team events. 😂 Who cares where LIV players finished against PGA players, just celebrate the fact we got to see them playing together again for once.
The LiV cheerleaders who are constantly trying to spin a story. No one else gives a 💩

In reality there wasn’t a LiV player in contention so the story has to be the % of LiV v PGA in the top 12 or some other such nonsense.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The coverage was terrible early on, but it did pick up eventually when they sorted their nonsense out.

Wasn't sure if it was CBS, the main Masters feed or what. Was all over the place for the first 5 holes or so.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I enjoyed the tournament, but Sunday was a little disappointing due to a lack of drama. I was impressed with Aberg's performance in his first ever major. Also, Scottie was spot on playing the back nine. I've been watching The Masters for over fifty years and have attended over twenty. Augusta National is the type of course where conservative play usually works well. So often players chasing a leader get too aggressive and that's what happened yesterday. The difference between a great shot and a catastrophic mistake is minute. It was apparent on the back nine that no one was going to catch Scheffler unless he helped them. It's the way Jack and Tiger won eleven green jackets.

Swango1980

Visit site
A conspiracy to provide atrocious coverage? Far too many of the shots we saw of the leaders were recorded (i.e. not live) - how can that even happen when you're showing almost nobody outside the top 4 on the leaderboard!!
The coverage may well be less than ideal. I certainly didn't think it was great at times. But, it wasn't the point I was making. My point was we simply didn't see some of those guys because they were never really one of the few in contention when the tournament took shape.

We did see Hatton from time to time, as with Rahm as holding Champion, and a lot of Bryson

Swango1980

Visit site
The LiV cheerleaders who are constantly trying to spin a story. No one else gives a 💩

In reality there wasn’t a LiV player in contention so the story has to be the % of LiV v PGA in the top 12 or some other such nonsense.
I think we did surprisingly well in here to be honest. I think the first mention of LIV was after the tournament finished? Or at least, I don't remember any prolonged discussions about it whilst it was in progress anyway.

End of day, the only real certainty that was again confirmed during this tournament was that Scottie Scheffler is heads and shoulders better than any other golfer in the world right now. One of my mates is a serious gambler, he spends about £30,000 a year on golf bets, with a target of making around £3,000 profit on average. He says that for these types of serious gamblers, Scottie Scheffler is a dream ticket, having a long term dominant golfer. The first real time it has happened since the Tiger Train.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I did hear one of the CBS announcers say (once) that the top 5 players on the leaderboard were all PGATour players. It surprised me to hear that, and I suspect that CBS will hear about it from The Masters Committee, and won't be repeated. Sort of like the "bikini wax" comment, but not as severe.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think we did surprisingly well in here to be honest. I think the first mention of LIV was after the tournament finished? Or at least, I don't remember any prolonged discussions about it whilst it was in progress anyway.

End of day, the only real certainty that was again confirmed during this tournament was that Scottie Scheffler is heads and shoulders better than any other golfer in the world right now. One of my mates is a serious gambler, he spends about £30,000 a year on golf bets, with a target of making around £3,000 profit on average. He says that for these types of serious gamblers, Scottie Scheffler is a dream ticket, having a long term dominant golfer. The first real time it has happened since the Tiger Train.

Is he piling into him at short odds?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What on earth was going on with Scheffeler’s ball in 15th bunker? First camera showed it plugged. 2nd showed it nowhere near the pitch mark. Ok so deceptive camera angles. Then Butch says and I quote “when we saw the shot the camera went off of it after it plugged then went away and didn’t show it coming out”. Did a gopher pop up and head it away? 🤣
Think the first image was from a drone camera.
As the ball runs through the bunker the sand piles up in front of it.

From behind it’s more a ground level camera, you could see the line in the sand the ball made as it ran through the sand.
Just optics.
But first angle didn’t look good I must say.

Swango1980

Visit site
Is he piling into him at short odds?
He won't go in on the bet every tournament, but likely will all Majors. For example, he will not place a bet at 4/1 for the Heritage next week, a week after a masters win on a course that he hasn't excelled at with a wife about to give birth.

He is signed up to one or two websites that give you millions of golf statistics for every single player, form, performances at various golf courses, etc. He'll also look at the side of the draw they are on, and will they likely benefit or not with weather. he basically has a lot of attributes he looks at for players going into every tournament, although Scheffler ticks off most of them every time.

He did say, Scheffler excluded as he is a different class, that he won't be placing bets pre tournament much any more, and instead wait for tournaments to take shape. Since the advent of LIV and PGAT signature events, it has caused huge volatility in results. Can't be so sure anymore that the top guys will be focused as much on regular tour events anymore.

Ohh, and he said he'll never back McIlroy for the Masters anymore, unless he changes his caddy :ROFLMAO:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He won't go in on the bet every tournament, but likely will all Majors. For example, he will not place a bet at 4/1 for the Heritage next week, a week after a masters win on a course that he hasn't excelled at with a wife about to give birth.

He is signed up to one or two websites that give you millions of golf statistics for every single player, form, performances at various golf courses, etc. He'll also look at the side of the draw they are on, and will they likely benefit or not with weather. he basically has a lot of attributes he looks at for players going into every tournament, although Scheffler ticks off most of them every time.

He did say, Scheffler excluded as he is a different class, that he won't be placing bets pre tournament much any more, and instead wait for tournaments to take shape. Since the advent of LIV and PGAT signature events, it has caused huge volatility in results. Can't be so sure anymore that the top guys will be focused as much on regular tour events anymore.

Ohh, and he said he'll never back McIlroy for the Masters anymore, unless he changes his caddy :ROFLMAO:

Which is what we we're discussing on Saturday, tell him we could've told him that for free without his fancy stats.