Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Smoj

Visit site
started to make progress getting rid of my horrible slice.
woke up early today and got down the range by 8am, ready to try a new grip. I was horrendously soft grip, changed it to a strong grip, made a contious effort to swing in to out, and saw results almost instantly, still loads of hard work to do to get even better, but thats the enjoyable bit :) - also changing from a hzrdus 6.5 stiff to a stiff flex tensei blue 55 stiff flex has made the club feel much nicer.

TigerBear

Visit site
Didn't know where to post this, but we have a Golf Irritations thread as well so this will do. :p

When I first joined a golf club 5 or 6 years I did so with my mate Ben. Our first handicaps were 24 (me) & 17 for him. Playing there at the old club I got down to 16 but he got down to 11 at his best so he was always that bit better than me.

Recently I've been continuing to improve but he started moving the other way. After yesterday's round and today's handicap updates, I'm finally below him for the first time! I'm down to 13.7 and he went up to 14.9. Nothing like a good rivalry to keep you motivated, although it's obviously worked better for me than for him. He should never be as high as 15 though, so I do hope he can sort out his short game, start getting cut and make a game of it again. Keep me on my toes! For now though I will be lording it over him for a little while. :D

Enjoy the lording :LOL:

When i first picked up the old bats i was a 26 handicap. Lessons and a lot of hard work on the practice greens/range and i'm going into the new season at my lowest 7.2 handicap.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
started to make progress getting rid of my horrible slice.
woke up early today and got down the range by 8am, ready to try a new grip. I was horrendously soft grip, changed it to a strong grip, made a contious effort to swing in to out, and saw results almost instantly, still loads of hard work to do to get even better, but thats the enjoyable bit :) - also changing from a hzrdus 6.5 stiff to a stiff flex tensei blue 55 stiff flex has made the club feel much nicer.
When changing to deliberately swinging in to out be aware that if not done in conjunction with a very clear awareness of what you are actually doing a change to in to out can take a player down a rabbit hole of pain and confusion.😖

Zig

Visit site
My usual playing partner cried off with an injury for today's 4BBB comp. An elderly chap playing off 18 took his place. He was on the card 12 times. I thought I played well - for me anyway - with 15 pars yet it felt like I was carried all the way round.

We had no 4 pointers, but still ended up with 50 points. Bandits of the highest order.

I've just text my normal playing partner to say I hope his injury lasts for a while yet. :) :)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
It's days like this with a blue sky view from my office window that I'm so glad I now only do a 4.5 day week and today is the 1/2 day off for golf.
Even better is I start at 7.30 and finish at 11.15 so the weekend starts very early for me :)

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Taking Keith Mitchel at 80/1 yesterday and waking up this morning to find him in the lead. It may not last, but it has gladdened my heart, if only for a while.