Golf related niggles

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok apart from my little finger locking up in he morning, The right side of my chin stings from rubbing off the collar of my polo top after a full 18. I know it sounds daft but its a bit like getting a red nose when ya have a cold from too much wiping. Does anyone else get silly little niggles that annoy them?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm still struggling with my well documented golfers elbow. Constantly painful but no way I'm going to rest for 4-6 weeks now Spring and the new season are here. Playing on through the pain and maybe look at resting at the end of next season

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I too suffer from runny nose and eyes whenever there is the slightest hint of wind.
However I would be happy to endure this if only I were fit enough to go near the course. Complications from a recent fall and, this morning I could not get out of the bath. :mad:
Seeing the doctor again in an hour but he seems to be baffled.

SlapDashMatt

Visit site
As a total beginner i'm finding all sorts of aches and pains in parts of my body that i didn't even know existed, let alone could be painful. And bear in mind currently i'm only playing twice weekly a 9 hole Par 33 course!

I'm trying to get up the driving range most evenings to hit at least 50 balls to condition myself though. As well as trying to get something approaching a game plan

My recurring niggle though is a pain in my right little finger joint - i'm obviously gripping too hard (i started by using a vardon grip but have moved to interlocking in the last few weeks)and it's something i'm working on...

Crikey - i hope the missus doesn't read that last paragraph on it's own, she'll never believe its due to golf!!!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Suffered from a facet joint lower back problem since August-caused me to walk off the course on three occassions-Decided at the beginning of the year to allow the physio at it. Three treatments and daily exercises together with a stretching programme to be undertake before and during the round has resulted in me having my best two rounds for six months last two weekends.

Moral of the story get the knocks looked at and warm up properly before the round.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not really golf oriented but it does affect my game. Due to Rugby I have got no ACL in my right knee so I live on Ibuprofen when playing and sidehill lies play hell with me.

Interestingly (well to me really) my coach said that as a right hander my left knee is the important one as it takes the strain which is considerable in my lardy state!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nothing that can't be cured by a good application of GAC!

Usual back and neck problems. Unfortunately they can't be fixed by physiotherapy, so I am screwed on that one. It is also caused by golf, so only by stopping playing will it get better. Damn.