Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site
Could not believe what I saw at our course today. Greenkeepers have been doing some grass cutting when conditions permit (even when they don't by the look of some of the tractor ruts on the fairways) but today a guy was on our wettest hole with tractor and gang mower, he cut some drier areas but then made a few passes through some of the wettest areas where there's plainly standing water.

There was literally a bow wave ahead of the cutters that was 8 or 10 inches high!

Madness!
12th/13th?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Done something to my left hip/groin, not sure if it's a trapped nerve or I've pulled a muscle.

Really painful to swing as I can't turn into the left side properly so am making some very bad swings and playing rubbish.

Need to take some time off and rest it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
People saying holes-in-one when, in my head, it should be hole-in-ones.
Also, when a putt gets spat out of the hole directly back at you, people refer to it as a 360º lip out when, in fact, it's a 180º lip out.

oleinone

Visit site
Golf with son in warmer climate. Just the two of us in a buggy following a four ball, two couples ,one walking, one riding.Not a soul behind us. We are in no rush, taking in the scenery and wildlife and enjoying the weather. At the halfway house the walker husband comes over and suggests that we join up with the buggy couple as their paces of play are incompatible. Politely decline as we have had a great front nine and have no urge to change. Husband huffily complains that his "offer" has been turned down.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
People saying holes-in-one when, in my head, it should be hole-in-ones.
Also, when a putt gets spat out of the hole directly back at you, people refer to it as a 360º lip out when, in fact, it's a 180º lip out.

Depends if you're speaking from the perspective of you/ball or ball/hole. Basically both are wrong :p

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been trying to organise a get-together game for a bunch of lads who are off on a golfing trip to Spain early next month. It's already been cancelled a couple of times because of the weather. Today was the last workable date for it. Course closed again after chucking it down all day yesterday.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I can't see how perspective changes anything, the ball still comes back at you.

perspective right there

forget the 'you' part, the ball travelled (nearly) 360º around the hole

Edit, apologies its your irritation so I'll let it drop anyway

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
perspective right there

forget the 'you' part, the ball travelled (nearly) 360º around the hole

Edit, apologies its your irritation so I'll let it drop anyway
If nobody talked about 360 lip outs it couldn't be his irritation, and then he would have nothing to talk about.

You're doing him a favour talking about it ;)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
You hit a putt, its tracking towards the hole, its 2 feet out from dropping, one of your group says "great putt", the ball then takes a 90 degree change in direction, kisses the edge of the hole and drifts by.

Why can the idiot who said "great putt", keep his gob shut??!!