Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So the point still stands

He does well in matchplay but struggles in comps where there is a card in the hand - the same situation for many people playing golf in clubs right now

Your handicap Committee should be reacting on those KO wins and adjusting handicap during annual review

But basically the irritation comes from you losing to someone of a higher handicap
No…his HI when he played me was as it is because we haven’t had a qualifying course since end Oct. And that’s the same for all of us. And the fact is that as it was matchplay I could still have done a bit better and pushed him more, but I didn’t.

My (bemused rather than ‘angry’) irritation was simply that as soon as he had a medal card in his hand with the opportunity to get his hi down his game seemed to fall apart - like seriously fall apart 😂 Whether or not he puts in any GP cards over the coming weeks to get his HI down, who knows. But for sure he’ll be playing the early round of a number of comps off a HI index that he knows does not reflect his general play (and he’s not the only one in such a situation). Fortunately I’m not playing him.👍

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having the urge to switch clubs again. Always looking for the perfect course.....which isn't possible around here. Our course has been shut since before the snow....still closed. Other courses are open....but it is pretty soggy out there still. Evidently Flaxby handled the water pretty well when it was still open.

Dodgy back the last couple of months as well. Lower back stiffness....really gets to me the last 9 holes. Tried a chiropractor/massage fellow....nope. Doing more stomach work/stretching/strengthening core.....might have to try doing a lot of that to see what happens. Tried a couple of my wife's codeine pills (with ibuprofen+paracetamol) a couple of weeks ago.....magic. Ibu+par don't do anything.
Just seen this.
Be careful with Codeine, too much can give you constipation!
I know from experience, not good!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Codeine is the painkiller of the devil!
If you do take it, wash it down with Dulcolax soup and 10kg of prunes ...................... this might just save your life!!!!!
Oh, and have at least two dozen suppositories close to hand/anus in case the above doesn't work.
Codeine turns eaten food into breeze blocks!

You're welcome. (y)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought a Big Max Hybrid golf bag maybe 18 months ago, great bag but…
The zip on one of the side pockets failed just after a year so I can’t use that pocket. The material on the inside of the top front pocket has all come away and the frayed thread keeps getting stuck in the zip just about making that one unusable.
Very frustrating 🤬

MACM85

Visit site
The zip on one of the side pockets failed just after a year so I can’t use that pocket. The material on the inside of the top front pocket has all come away and the frayed thread keeps getting stuck in the zip just about making that one unusable.
Very frustrating 🤬

I had a Big max bag and it did the same. I registered the bag with them and got a 2 year warranty on it. They did replace it free of charge with a new one, Might be worth contacting them

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very frustrating 🤬
Could a shop that does clothing alterations and the type replace both zips? This sort of thing come up on our local town fb page for coats, they may be able to do the same for a golf bag. Worth asking the question.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could a shop that does clothing alterations and the type replace both zips? This sort of thing come up on our local town fb page for coats, they may be able to do the same for a golf bag. Worth asking the question.

Leave him.....he's obviously just after a new bag, to go with the NEW irons, and the imminent New putter purchase.....allegedly

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a Big max bag and it did the same. I registered the bag with them and got a 2 year warranty on it. They did replace it free of charge with a new one, Might be worth contacting them

I may try it, I’ll have to find the receipt first though 🤣
Edit
Just found the receipt in my emails, purchase date 13/3/2021 so a week over 2 years old 🤬

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I had this scenario a couple of years ago, took the bag to the shop, they took one look at it and said there was no way they would be able to get it on their machine.

Mandofred

Visit site
Codeine is the painkiller of the devil!
If you do take it, wash it down with Dulcolax soup and 10kg of prunes ...................... this might just save your life!!!!!
Oh, and have at least two dozen suppositories close to hand/anus in case the above doesn't work.
Codeine turns eaten food into breeze blocks!

You're welcome. (y)
Ahhhh.....but I have a plan!!

These are leftover pills from something else with my wife's parents. My plan (plan 1) was to just take them when I'm at the course ready to go....really just to get me through the round without going stiff as a board. I know about the constipation issue.....which is where plan 2 would come into play. Prune juice. Because of my family history, I'm not exactly....uh....regular. I have a few glugs of prune juice every morning.......to, you know, get things going....it's magic....and in my case super magic(y)(y). If not......I'd be in trouble.

Plan 3 seems to be working better though. The magic cream seems to be working. Not the Volterol? that had been mentioned, but another tube of 5% ibuprofen cream that I slap on before heading to the course.....seems to be doing the job and I have stayed reasonably aching free the last couple of rounds. I don't use it for anything other than playing golf....it's only when I know I'm going to be on my feet for a few hours that I bother with it. I think doing a little more stomach exercise has helped a bit as well. Of course, if I would reduce the size of my stomach it might also help. Jeez....I like my food too much. If I didn't exercise I'd be the size of SUV.

Getting old sucks.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was hoping that yesterday's sunshine and strong winds would have dried the course sufficiently that we could get a game today, but unfortunately not, shut for the 5th day in a row :cautious:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had an email from Scottsdale Golf promoting the new driver from cobra 🫣

Attachments

• DFBECC75-30FB-44C9-8709-17D8AA9F3A39.jpeg
    DFBECC75-30FB-44C9-8709-17D8AA9F3A39.jpeg
    741 KB · Views: 52
D

Deleted member 15344

Rain ☔️ going to prob cancel the second comp of the year tomorrow