Golf Random Irritations

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Finding out that the Captain’s Drive In scramble at the weekend was won by a team that has now won the last four team events they have entered, and that the highest handicap member (playing off 22), hasn’t played a singles comp in the last two years.

And our committee claims to be “powerless” to act. Well, how about extending the requirement to have played three qualifiers is a rolling calendar year, which currently applies if you are to win monetary prizes in a singles comp, to team events?

NearHull

Visit site
Finding out that the Captain’s Drive In scramble at the weekend was won by a team that has now won the last four team events they have entered, and that the highest handicap member (playing off 22), hasn’t played a singles comp in the last two years.

And our committee claims to be “powerless” to act. Well, how about extending the requirement to have played three qualifiers is a rolling calendar year, which currently applies if you are to win monetary prizes in a singles comp, to team events?

Your Committee’s response is incorrect and irresponsible.

Buckles01

Visit site
I’m lucky in that I get the opportunity to work compressed hours meaning I get a day off midweek, usually alternating Tuesdays & Thursdays. Unfortunately over the last month this has coincided with a course closure each and every time. To really compound matters guess what, you got it…. Course open the following day on each occasion 🤦🏻‍♂️😡

D

Deleted member 15344

Rain again

But good news is from Saturday it looks like a dry period ahead

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The number of times we are going to see a replay of McIlroy's bunker shot at the Masters on Sky Sports in the next week or so. (Along with the Tiger putt).

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Course closed yet again.
even if ours isn't closed, it'll be unplayable. Raining all day today as well, so can't even get out on the bike for some fresh air
The weather the last few weeks has been execrable. It'll take a fair few days for the course to be enjoyable to play on, even if it's open.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First chance to play for a week and it’s blowing at 50 mph on the south coast with sideways rain. 😢 Probably the only chance I get to play this weekend too🤬

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If only my place would do that. The course wasn’t too bad until a few weeks ago. Now it’s like a ploughed field in places.

Its the little things isnt it! If our owners had the balls to ban trollies our course would be in so much better nick come May time!

We too are playing in ploughed fields - especially anywhere near tee boxes!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All the golf media outlets have started the " Can 'X' win the Masters"
Is he teeing it up?
Then Yes he can win it.
Will he win it?
Well find out next Sunday