Golf Random Irritations

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The joys of social media means I know my opponent in my club knockout game next week is fully paid up member of the anti hoodie and jogger brigade.

So that’s my outfit sorted!
I trust the joggers will not be too long so you can show a discrete ankle of black socks above your white shoes.

Buckles01

Visit site
Played a quick solo twilight round on Friday evening as the light was beginning to go jumped over to the 18th to head in. Could hear that the clubhouse was very busy with lots of families and children knocking about obviously some kind of hired event going on. Hit my drive straight down the middle, with my approach shot being 120 yards over a deep green front bunker. To my horror watched my shot sail through the air as six heads popped up over the bunker lip, kids lay on their backs totally out of sight, absolute madness ??

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
both irritated and elated but sorting out my first load of golf washing this year and putting away and I find two t shirts I forgot I’d bought last year.
Also my new UA trousers don’t have that rubber lining that keep your shirt secure and tucked in.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Second round of the annual bogey competition. Was two down after the first round. Won the second to go one up and thought the big comeback was on. That lasted one hole. Very much like yesterday, didn't hit it well and every time I got a win, I gave it back again. 1 down at the turn (one worse than yesterday) and lost another on the twelfth (SI1). Did well to halve everything until the last where my third cleared the pond, hit the bank and managed to perch on the bank. Delicate chip in front of a packed patio so no pressure. Stuck it to 7 feet and rolled it in for a win to end one down today and three down overall. Pretty steady weekend if not spectacular especially the way I hit it

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Couple of golf YouTubers, won’t name em but you’ll see who it is but they’re doing a two day golf school at the belfry and a round. Thought its only 40 minutes away and I like their banter, would be a good laugh.
Enquired - £1500…..
I’ve done the same at woodhall spa with better facilities for £100 per day.

Some may find value in that offer but I can’t see it myself at all!

Mandofred

Visit site
Playing Moor Allerton tomorrow since we have a reciprocal with them......and I'd be better off right now throwing the ball off the tee.....

2 weeks ago +8 was a poor round....yesterday 92. :cry:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing Moor Allerton tomorrow since we have a reciprocal with them......and I'd be better off right now throwing the ball off the tee.....

2 weeks ago +8 was a poor round....yesterday 92. :cry:
Make sure you get to play 10-18 as one of your sets of 9. It is a superb stretch of holes. I can't tell you which is the best set to go with it but those holes are the standout ones.

Hope your round tomorrow is a better one ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have been arranging a golf trip this week, it was for 6 people, but one of them, after initially saying he was coming, pulls out once I ask for deposits. Messing up the numbers since 5 doesn't work. My wife was going to join us but she graciously pulled out as well now to make it a nice even 4. Shame.

Visit site
Being left in a 2 ball, behind 14 3 balls in tomorrow’s competition. Whilst being one of the quicker players at the club, playing alongside another low handicap quick golfer…

Sign ups for comps open two weeks in advance, and the chap who has withdrawn had his name down within 10 seconds of the tee times opening up.

He’s now decided, less than 24 hours before the comp, that he can’t make it…

It also happened to me for our first competition of the year (different member) and this is only the second comp…

I get not being able to play, but if you’re so disorganised that you don’t know your Saturday plans until the day before, you probably shouldn’t be reserving a prime tee time 2 weeks in advance.